Cold again!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Weather liars are talking starting monday night,Ice pellets (rekon that means sleet) and temp with chill factors=below 0. :!: :!:

Cal

We were suspose to have rain all weekend , no rain almost 80 degrees today and tommorrow then artic front hits Tues.

We're supposed to get 1/2 to 3/4 in of ice starting tomorrow afternoon and then 6-12 in of snow on top of that followed by below 0 temps and high winds. Should be a fun week. I'm thankful that I don't have to drive and work in this kind of stuff all day like I used to.

VanC":3365rm5y said:
We're supposed to get 1/2 to 3/4 in of ice starting tomorrow afternoon and then 6-12 in of snow on top of that followed by below 0 temps and high winds. Should be a fun week. I'm thankful that I don't have to drive and work in this kind of stuff all day like I used to.

Me too Van.Every time around here when we get snow or ice seems like most the drivers fill up with stupid.

Calman":24igyvu1 said:
VanC":24igyvu1 said:

Me too Van.Every time around here when we get snow or ice seems like most the drivers fill up with stupid.
Or just fill up the cooler and hit the roads. :dunce:

yeah we will be in the deepfreeze for 4 days.we got plenty of hay out for the cows so no prob.

The sleet is making a heck of a racket against the living room window right now. Still calling for sleet and freezing rain through tomorrow but now saying 10-15 in of snow on top of it. Not to mention high winds with gusts at 40-50 mph. Then below zero temps for a few days starting Thurs morning. Good news is I'm taking the rest of the week off starting on Wed so all I have to do is get through tomorrow. Got some things I want to get done but it doesn't look like I'll be going anywhere Wed at least. I'll probably be on here if we don't lose power.

Well our weather guessers got it right today...supposed to have had a 20% chance of NO rain and they were right.... :lol:

Calman":383i4r8z said:
Weather liars are talking starting monday night,Ice pellets (rekon that means sleet) and temp with chill factors=below 0. :!: :!:

Cal

It's starting to blow through here now, don't worry Cal, I will be warm toting firewood.
I know you will to in your pink snuggie in that recliner. :hide:

Caustic Burno":w58oy4fl said:
Calman":w58oy4fl said:

Cal

It's starting to blow through here now, don't worry Cal, I will be warm toting firewood.

You forgot to mention the black poka-dots.I've upgraded.
It's 12 degrees and north wind blowing strong snowing and I saw a couple hogs doubled up so they could root the frozen ground. I am not a fan of cold weather. :mad:

Cal

I knew it was going to be bad when I seen the hogs toting sticks and straw to make a nest.
Temp has fallen 21 deg in the last ten minutes 50 mph winds and raining sideways.
Cal I have a 40 deg rule on hunting if it's under 40 I don't need to go.
Calling for snow here later in the week, I hate cold, I hate snow never would I live somewhere you need white camo.
Called the neighbor ask if would mind checking my fence after this passes while he is checking his.
He talked very ugly to me and hurt my feeling. I only have one.

its raining off an on with the temps in the 30s.im sure the temps will drop all day long.the hay bunks are nice an full.

Gakk~ supposed to have ZERO degrees windchill! That a'int normal for here..

Calman":1lkgb2pv said:
Caustic Burno":1lkgb2pv said:
Calman":1lkgb2pv said:

Cal

You forgot to mention the black poka-dots.I've upgraded.
It's 12 degrees and north wind blowing strong snowing and I saw a couple hogs doubled up so they could root the frozen ground. I am not a fan of cold weather. :mad:

Cal
Rain has stopped. Wind is from the west at 24mph. Temp is 34 and falling.

Glad I don't have to go to work but I do have to feed the cows sometime today...

Left the farm ( Fairfield) yesterday evening about 7:00 pm. It was starting to get a little windy but temp was pretty nice. Put out a couple of round bales and a tub of crystallix. Checked the antifreeze in tractor and farm vehicles, should be okay for the winter blast. I planned on staying a few days and hog hunting but not sure if i could make it home Thursday night for superbowl pre-party at the stadium.

Our weather station stated we were 17.3 (below zero) this morning without the wind. The cattle are doing good though.

Keep it up there guys. This 20 degrees here with tornado wins is killing me. And yesterday I wore a teeshirt.

TexasBred":oqmmkyb8 said:
Keep it up there guys. This 20 degrees here with tornado wins is killing me. And yesterday I wore a teeshirt.

Well cows have hay I am taking the Calman approach to ranching 101. Will watch the herd from the bay window with coffee until Sat. and temps rise to what normal humans should be out in.
This includes a recliner and manly sleepwear, not the pajama gram stuff with the pink bunny slippers that Cal has pm'd be about. He wanted to send me pic's of him and Boogie with their pink chaps and cowboy hat's I politely declined as this was TMI as far as I am concerned. :help:

Latest posts