Colburn Primo

Help Support CattleToday:

If you are looking for Angus females with plenty of style and show appeal, he should do the trick! His full sisters have won some of the biggest shows in the nation and his dam is no slouch. If I had a need for an AI Angus to sire show stock, he would be at or close to the top of my list.

Edit to add* He does not have any daughters in production yet or calves that have been shown much, though, so he is a gamble.....

Colburn Primo is arguably the hottest Black Angus bull right now for the show stock breeders. Many of the leading show cattle folks are using him or have calves sired by him, and as Boot Jack mentions they are winning state, regional and national shows with his offspring. If you are breeding for show cattle, he is certainly one of the ones to use. But if you are breeding to raise steers or replacement heifers, that likely is another story. His docility EPD is horrible, and he is still unproven.

Plan is to get some females to market as show heifers. Going to use him on a shear force daughter and a one of her daughters.

Thanks, but I ordered primo yesterday.. see how it works out.

Latest posts