Coconut ice cream

Help Support CattleToday:

Just_a_girl

Reaction score
Tried some at PF Chang's one time, it was very good.

Anyone ever try it, and or have a recipe that they've tried and like?

Any ice cream is good ice cream but since blueberries will be in soon so how bout that one. :nod:

Simmer 6 cups of blueberries in a covered pot till soft.
Mash up contents of pot and strain.
Add juice of one large lemon to this
Add pinch of salt
Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar and stir well
Let cool (can just stick in fridge)
Once cool
Add 3 cups of light cream and churn.

Sounds good Jogeephus, thank you......saw watermelon ice pops being made on the food channel the other day.....I'm going to have to give that a try too. :nod: I always get really hungry watching that channel, that and the thirsty traveler. :lol:

Just_a_girl":2s0eble1 said:
Sounds good Jogeephus, thank you......saw watermelon ice pops being made on the food channel the other day.....I'm going to have to give that a try too. :nod: I always get really hungry watching that channel, that and the thirsty traveler. :lol:

If you use enough vodka they won't freeze. ;-)

1982vett":1zlklsc7 said:
Just_a_girl":1zlklsc7 said:

Maybe I should use straws instead of wooden pop sticks, huh? :lol: ;-)

a cup of 1800 freezes very nicely in pitcher of margarita mix. :banana:

Just_a_girl":g21nzvci said:
It's a 'frozen' Margarita' But, you're probably right. :tiphat: :D

Oh I wouldn't say that. I'm just about 50\50 on the frozen. They are just more trouble to make if you don't have a good blender. Couse that doesn't matter if someone else is making them. :D

Kinda off the subject but I had a failed attempt at wine making once and instead of it turning out as wine the blueberries came out as sweet syrup. (or maybe it was muscadine) Anyway, didn't know what to do with it until I poured some on vanilla ice cream and I'm talking delicious here. Then started putting it in blender with icecream and making milkshakes. I sure wish every screw up that I made turned out so well.

Jogeephus":1ngcmybc said:
Kinda off the subject but I had a failed attempt at wine making once and instead of it turning out as wine the blueberries came out as sweet syrup. (or maybe it was muscadine) Anyway, didn't know what to do with it until I poured some on vanilla ice cream and I'm talking delicious here. Then started putting it in blender with icecream and making milkshakes. I sure wish every screw up that I made turned out so well.

Doesn't sound bad at all....wish I could say that about a friendship cake I made one time. :mrgreen:

I found a recipe for coconut ice cream that I think will be good. I don't really care for coconut alone, but in foods I don't mind it.

1982vett":3fskh1bb said:
Just_a_girl":3fskh1bb said:

Don't they call those "puddle pops"?

Latest posts