Co worker with Covid

Help Support CattleToday:

504RP

Reaction score
I guess i have been like alot of people who doesn't know what to think of the virus and wether or not it is as serious as say it is.

I have a co worker who works at a office located 60 miles away from where i work. Who i have only talked with over the phone and never in person has now tested positive and is going on day 5 in the hospital.

He and i are Gas control operators on a natural gas pipeline. That requires he and i to coordinate the operations of the pipe line system by communicating over phone, computer and radio.

We have been working together for about 5 years and have never talked in person but i feel that i know the guy well enough that what he tells me is the truth. So what he has told me about his experience in the hospital i beleave is the truth.

So ever since covid has came up early last year. He and i has talked about wether or not it is as bad as some say it is.

Through text massaging tonight. Is how i found out that he was in the hospital with covid. He said it was worse than he imagined. He said in the hospital where they have him it is sit up like cubicals with plastic windows that you are able to see the patients through.

He said basically there were alot of patients dieing of a slow death where he is. He is 50 years old. He said they gave him something to try and help his breathing. If it works he might get to go home Tuesday. If it doesn't work he will be put on a ventilator.

Last week when i was working with him. I could tell by talking over the phone he was bad sick.
He had been off work the week before that thinking he had the flue. The doctors gave him antibiotics and sent him home. Well he got to feeling better and quit taking the antibiotics. He immediately went down hill. The doctors issued him a 10 prescription of the antibiotics again and told him to take the whole 10 day prescription even if he got to feeling better.

But he ended up in the hospital with covid just a few days after going back on the antibiotics.

Medical issues can be very scary and its amazingly complex. The worse part IMO is the unknown unless you accept that.

My cousin who is only a couple years older than I am was in ICU for almost a week fighting covid due largely in part to being diabetic. She spent a large of our childhood with us since her mom was a single parent. It was not fun for sure.

To add to this craziness look up how many people are becoming diabetic after having covid. The flu can do the same thing. So let's say your fairly healthy and kick covid only to find out a couple weeks later your diabetic from it.... crazy.

Medical issues can be very scary and its amazingly complex. The worse part IMO is the unknown unless you accept that.

My cousin who is only a couple years older than I am was in ICU for almost a week fighting covid due largely in part to being diabetic. She spent a large of our childhood with us since her mom was a single parent. It was not fun for sure.

To add to this craziness look up how many people are becoming diabetic after having covid. The flu can do the same thing. So let's say your fairly healthy and kick covid only to find out a couple weeks later your diabetic from it.... crazy.

I didn't know people were becoming diabetic after having had covid ? One person i know said it messed up their taste buds, that now food doesn't have any tastes to it.

Diabetes is a game changer.
Been one for decades, you can't outrun your DNA it's a lifestyle changer.

I didn't know people were becoming diabetic after having had covid ? One person i know said it messed up their taste buds, that now food doesn't have any tastes to it.
I didnt either until it came up with a friend. Do a search for it. Cant remember the exact details but it attacks some kind of A2 receptors or some thing and they play a role regulating your sugar levels.

They have some kind of deal started to enter possible cases in to so it can be studied more.

Supposedly the flu and other viruses can do it also.

Covid is a strange deal. I know several very healthy people that got it and don't think they'll ever breath right again. Most get over it just fine though.

I didnt either until it came up with a friend. Do a search for it. Cant remember the exact details but it attacks some kind of A2 receptors or some thing and they play a role regulating your sugar levels.

They have some kind of deal started to enter possible cases in to so it can be studied more.

Supposedly the flu and other viruses can do it also.
Yes the flu can cause it as well as some drugs.
Some common antibiotics sends my blood sugars to the moon requiring medication titration. It's not just your blood glucose that is effected. It effects your whole digestive tract as well as your immune system.Diabetes is a very individual disease as no two persons respond to management the same.
It's kind of like being an alcoholic you can control it but you are still one.

There are reports of all sorts of on going problems after covid. One that seems to be coming up more is muscle degradation in the months following covid. There is concern the virus never leaves your body like chicken pox.

I work for a natural gas pipeline as well. One of my boss's was in the hospital the whole month of October with COVID. He to questioned how serious it all was. He'll tell you now,along with several other coworkers,how serious COVID is. He's still suffering with organ issues. Hope your coworker pulls through.

I do wonder about the vitamin D link to covid. If I look across the board at all the people I know who have had covid, and take out preexisting conditions, the more office type, not in the sun much, pale people seem to be getting hit harder. A lot of people I know who stay dark year round, work out side or spend a lot of time out side seem to fair a lot better. I know quite a few farming and ranching people who tested positive and went home and stayed working right thru it. They hardly missed a beat.

Makes the reports of the virus being lab created all the more plausible.
Over 1 year since the outbreak began and China has not allowed any independent investigation as to the cause. In fact China has jailed a few of their citizens who attempted to investigate, report or question the party line.

In fact China has jailed a few of their citizens who attempted to investigate, report or question the party line.
Likely "a few" jailed is a gross understatement. I'd wager those that had the courage to bring light to the subject paid for it with their life...as well as those associated with them.

Yes the flu can cause it as well as some drugs.
Some common antibiotics sends my blood sugars to the moon requiring medication titration. It's not just your blood glucose that is effected. It effects your whole digestive tract as well as your immune system.Diabetes is a very individual disease as no two persons respond to management the same.
It's kind of like being an alcoholic you can control it but you are still one.
At last you and I have something in common

Latest posts