Clubby Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

i stand beside cowboy. from my experience, its always ths folks near the bottom of the class that are always pissy at fitters and jocks that know what it takes to get it done. You wont get anywhere by bitchin about it, so learn the tricks or be quiet.

When a person has to cheat, drug or surgically alter an animal to win "just spruced up a little bit" then that person becomes part of the problem. Anyone who would not eat their own meat because they know the animal is poisoned by drugs and was not within legal withdrawal time by their fair and knows about it, should be slapped.
This is the exact reason show cattle have such a bad rep. People willing to win at all cost, with total disregard to the animal and the consumers health.
The day we have to bring ourselves down to this level to compete is the day my family will throw in the towel.

and Karen..........are those pictures of good looking cattle or crappy cattle doctored up to cheat their way to the winners circle? I'm sorry Karen but in my opinion, if someone has to cheat to win then they sure as heck couldn't pick out or raise a decent animal. If they could then there would be no reason to pull illegal tricks in the first place.

It makes me laugh, people were all bent out of shape about photo shopping cattle pics, but it's o.k. to cheat.
JMO
:lol: lmao

show steer up":2lxxnsmo said:
When a person has to cheat, drug or surgically alter an animal to win "just spruced up a little bit" then that person becomes part of the problem. Anyone who would not eat their own meat because they know the animal is poisoned by drugs and was not within legal withdrawal time by their fair and knows about it, should be slapped.
This is the exact reason show cattle have such a bad rep. People willing to win at all cost, with total disregard to the animal and the consumers health.
The day we have to bring ourselves down to this level to compete is the day my family will throw in the towel.

and Karen..........are those pictures of good looking cattle or crappy cattle doctored up to cheat their way to the winners circle? I'm sorry Karen but in my opinion, if someone has to cheat to win then they sure as heck couldn't pick out or raise a decent animal. If they could then there would be no reason to pull illegal tricks in the first place.

It makes me laugh, people were all bent out of shape about photo shopping cattle pics, but it's o.k. to cheat.
JMO
:lol: lmao

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The reason I would not eat them is because they are not properly finished at show date. They may appear to be, but they're not. We have drug tests here. Top 2 calves in each class get tested. Only failed one and that was for an anti-inflametory so I must be doing something right, but I don't have to say that, you've seen the pics. As for picking cattle, you can pick the best one, feed it honestly and not win. Thats just the way it goes. It's a dog eat dog world out there, why spend the money to come in middle of the pack when you can help change the outcome?

BTW-I thought this thread died over a month ago.

Cowboy 2.0 is more than likely implying that a little air here and there can help smooth things out, elastration band on a sheath that is a little big helps too. Maybe a good drenching in the morning can fill a void. Some oil injected in the right spot, a nip and a tuck on some extra leather. Then some ACE for the that calf that has a little bit to much attitude, a little Banamine to kill that ache, or some anti-inflammatory for those bad joints. These are just some of the tricks of the trade, are they right? NO but as long as steers are selling for 50,000 and Majors half Champions selling for over 100,000 you are going to see these tricks.
Hair is like a good paint job or make-up it just makes them look better. Take a 1969 Mustang one with primer and one with cherry red paint, same car but if you are judging them the painted one wins.

Club Calf bulls for steers
Heat Wave (when their good their great and you can tell they are a Heat Wave)
Friction (He stamps his look on them, some like it some do not)
Who Made Who (he stil has his place and when you get a heifer she has a future)
About Time
Hannibal
Sun Seeker
Monopoly
Milk Man
Alias
Heat Seeker

And again you need to use the right cow for each one of these bulls or it is just a calf or a crippled calf.

VCC":3n3kza8u said:
Cowboy 2.0 is more than likely implying that a little air here and there can help smooth things out, elastration band on a sheath that is a little big helps too. Maybe a good drenching in the morning can fill a void. Some oil injected in the right spot, a nip and a tuck on some extra leather. Then some ACE for the that calf that has a little bit to much attitude, a little Banamine to kill that ache, or some anti-inflammatory for those bad joints. These are just some of the tricks of the trade, are they right? NO but as long as steers are selling for 50,000 and Majors half Champions selling for over 100,000 you are going to see these tricks.
Hair is like a good paint job or make-up it just makes them look better. Take a 1969 Mustang one with primer and one with cherry red paint, same car but if you are judging them the painted one wins.

Tricks of the trade???? I don't think so, those are unethical and illegal practices. A trick of the trade would be knowing how to feed a steer out without illegal additives or drugs to finish by show time, how to clip to give the optical illusion that an animal is more level over the topline, has better muscling, etc...

Bragging that you failed "only one" residue avoidance test makes me wonder if you believe it is OK to cheat if you don't get caught.

Also, the market steers are judged as finished animals.

I don't know if you all are familiar with Quality Counts. You can learn more about it here.

http://qualitycounts.tamu.edu/

It was an anti inflammetory given to the calf because his hocks were so swollen from the concrete that he couldnt walk. He wouldn't have been able to show without some dex, which has no withdrawel time. The year before that would have passed the test but they changed the rules and no one had noticed it. Is that stuff really illegal? Is there a law? Or do you just combine illegal and unethical and call them the same? Yes, I've been through quality counts.

Looks like this post has been hijacked. I'd like to see Ethics discussed so I'll start a new thread. Anyone is welcome to beat me to it since I'm at the office today.

We have done really well with our Dr. Who calves and Who Made Who. They have worked very well for us in the past.

hi i am just posting in this cause I want to save it. I will be using a club bull with AI next year!

Latest posts