Clubby Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

splinter ridge farm

Reaction score
Let's sound off and run a poll.
1) In your opinion, what are the top 10 "Clubby Bull's" that are producing the highest percentage of quality show steers and that are offered on the A.I. market today?
2) What 'Clubby Bull's" are the new "up and coming" :tiphat: sensation? :tiphat:

i dont know if they are in the A.I. market.

Sunseaker to me gives very nice and well put together offspring. my sisters calf is from Sunseaker and we love him.

another is Hannibal , and Sneaky Russain.

another bull i love is Eyes On The Money.

I don't know a lot about club calves but I really like the kinds of calves Rocky Balboa throws... well, the ones I have seen.

Looking at topsires.com I like manchild as well, moody blues, radioactive. But don't attack me, I'm only going by looks. I'm not from the US so I don't know how they actually look or perform

i dont know if they are in the A.I. market.

Sunseaker to me gives very nice and well put together offspring. my sisters calf is from Sunseaker and we love him.

another is Hannibal , and Sneaky Russain.

another bull i love is Eyes On The Money.

You are one of the few with a Sunseeker calf that held together. Must have been a structually perfect cow that calf came out of.

splinter ridge farm":pgbxd1yp said:
Let's sound off and run a poll.
1) In your opinion, what are the top 10 "Clubby Bull's" that are producing the highest percentage of quality show steers and that are offered on the A.I. market today?
2) What 'Clubby Bull's" are the new "up and coming" :tiphat: sensation? :tiphat:

1] in no particular order
heatwave[and clones]
paddy o malley
money shot
jakes proud jazz
alias
who made who
carnac
kadabra
i am ledgend
golden child

2] rain maker, chopper, rajin cajun

Heatwave has proven himself time and time again, not in his looks, but with his calves in the showring.

In terms of what? The show ring is all about looks. I mean, confirmation wise he is sound but he just doesn't stand out to me. There are plenty of others I feel are better. And as far as consistency goes, it even says on semen websites that "he misses sometimes and when he does he misses big."

Go to Lautners website and look at the list of Heatwave sired champions. If you want to go back a decade, one of the best bulls was Foreplay. Total different type of animal, but so were cattle back then.

As highly Famed as heat wave is; I myself breed for heifers alone, all bulls and steers go to the sale barn.
that is my only reason to dislike him. Is he one of the better clubby bulls? YES.
Personally from a heifer producer MILK MAN has some of the nices calves i have seen from other breeders.
Also i think that once I AM LEGEND gets some calves on the ground he will prove himself too. But as with all bulls you have your Few Hits and Greater Misses.

Isn't Milk Man Martin's char x bull? If you want to step into the char x calves then take a look at Troy. Great steers and heifers. I showed many a Troy calf and they were all good. I alnost forgot to add Lifeline to the list.

Some of those are good, but some of those aren't that good. And because Lautner makes money off of Heat Wave the only animals you will see on their website is the good ones. What I'm trying to say is he doesn't live up to his hype, There are a lot of sires that produce progeny to the same quality and often better than he has. Because he is used to much the chances of seeing a good calf out of him are higher. If I took a nice commercial bull and bred him to 50 cows, and compared those calves to Heat Wave's calves I'm more likely going to find the best one is a Heat Wave one. But if I take the same good commercial bull and breed him to as many cows as Heat Wave has bred to and then bred Heat Wave to only 50 cows, the best one of those is most likely going to come from the commercial bull. And a lot of why people rave about him so much is because other people rave about him so much.

Heatwave has sired more champions than any other bull. They didn't clone him because he was so so.

Because he has sired more calves than any other bull. They cloned him because he made them money. There are already calves coming out of the likes of I am Legend and Ali who are producing better calves than the Heat Wave ones. And don't forget with Heat Wave + 10 CLONES you're dealing with 11 bulls, not just 1.

If you worked out the ratio of # champions vs # calves total I think you would find that Heat Wave may not be as good as what people say. Shows are not the be all and end all. I've had judges choose a poorer animal over another that was better because they are a 'popular' breed or are from a 'known' breeder.

Latest posts