Clubby Bull Twist - how bout them Mamma's

Help Support CattleToday:

Avalon

Reaction score
No this is not a night club question. I'm curious about producers. If you use a few different Clubby type Bulls but raise replacements. Which of thsese Bulls have produced the most well made and functional daughters that you can depend on? No Flaming, No pontificating just answers please. No guessing either I want to hear from real people that have put these cattle into production.

I have 2 Angus x Who Made Who cows, result of a grow my own club calf experiment about 6 years ago. As far as productivity, I've bred both cows to All About You and Moody Blues as well as back to Angus. Out of the club calf calves, we've had a champion steer and champion market heifer. Bred back to Angus, we've kept the heifers to use for composites. Haven't had any problems with birth weights or pulling calves. This year we're going to AI the 2 cows to a simmental bull. They're both good moms, produce plenty of milk, have yet to get really "cowy" looking and have had no problems breeding back. Who Made Who hasn't caused us any problems, although its not like we have a whole herd of club calf cows.

This is one of them, the calf is out of the red angus herd bull. Picture was taken in late January.
n503386965_1448307_2549.jpg

Meyer, Grizz, and Legecy Plus. Seen plenty of calves sired by these bulls, but 9 times outta 10 there on the top of a dam good cow.

This was recently discussed about 2 or 3 months ago on a different forum, top 2 bulls came out as Who made Who as #2 and Meyer 734 as # 1. They ran it like a sweet 16 and in the end the end these were the top 2 bulls. I am sure there are more you could list, I know you will find Meyer listed in on the top end of some very good cows.

I bought an Angus x Who Made Who 3yr old mother last fall and she now has a nice heifer calf at her side by a son of Meyer. Mother has a good disposition, good milker, and if she breeds back, I couldn't be happier. I don't think you can go wrong with either Who Made Who or Meyer.

We have a meyer granddaughter bred to a who made who son. Can't wait for the baby-hoping for a heifer!

showing71":31cnsldb said:
I have 2 Angus x Who Made Who cows, result of a grow my own club calf experiment about 6 years ago. As far as productivity, I've bred both cows to All About You and Moody Blues as well as back to Angus. Out of the club calf calves, we've had a champion steer and champion market heifer. Bred back to Angus, we've kept the heifers to use for composites. Haven't had any problems with birth weights or pulling calves. This year we're going to AI the 2 cows to a simmental bull. They're both good moms, produce plenty of milk, have yet to get really "cowy" looking and have had no problems breeding back. Who Made Who hasn't caused us any problems, although its not like we have a whole herd of club calf cows.

This is one of them, the calf is out of the red angus herd bull. Picture was taken in late January.

Its a pity you took the photo off, I thought it was one of the better cows I've seen posted on CT

Majors Money Man, makes good cows. Plus his still breeding cows at 9 plus yrs.

KNERSIE":1flvz0ll said:
showing71":1flvz0ll said:

Its a pity you took the photo off, I thought it was one of the better cows I've seen posted on CT
Sorry Knersie, I was messing around on photobucket and accidentally deleted it. I'm getting it put back on.

my old Who made Who show heifer has turned out to be an amazing momma. no assistance in either of her two births. very protective of her calves. and no matter who we have bred her to she gives her calves that clean[not freaky] front. my other top producer is a mainetainer heifer out of Tugboat her first calf was 4th overall at his fair and won lee county bred champion[his fair is 6 counties all together]. My mossy oak heifers do fine as well. calf easy and keep them fed.

The result of my informal survey? After hearing you guys and some friends I sent my son on a search. We have opted to use Who Made Who quite a bit next year. Just so happens that that son of mine knows a rep that will give him a pretty good deal on it.
Thanks for you input guys!

Avalon":3t9sobll said:
The result of my informal survey? After hearing you guys and some friends I sent my son on a search. We have opted to use Who Made Who quite a bit next year. Just so happens that that son of mine knows a rep that will give him a pretty good deal on it.
Thanks for you input guys!
Hope Who Made Who works as well for you as he did for us.

hope it all works out well for you!! just watch those wmw sons they could come out with feet or leg problems but the heifers should be great.