Cloud

Help Support CattleToday:

Yep! Wouldn't miss them.I'd sure like to get one of those colts.(If it was back when I was young and bullet proof)

peg4x4":3uinrdrf said:
Yep! Wouldn't miss them.I'd sure like to get one of those colts.(If it was back when I was young and bullet proof)

It was sad! I almost shed a tear when dusty got eaten by a mountain lion and then at the end with the Bureau of Land Management captured them and auctioned them off. That is ruthless. I can't believe they broke Cloud's family up like that. I saw all three episodes.

Family wasn't broken up-all the adults were released--Guess you could consider the youngsters eaten by a puma or struck by lightning..
I thought it was odd that both Cloud and the other stallion let those young stallions stay with the bands..From what little I know that's very unusual.

peg4x4":2sdhuk08 said:
Family wasn't broken up-all the adults were released--Guess you could consider the youngsters eaten by a puma or struck by lightning..
I thought it was odd that both Cloud and the other stallion let those young stallions stay with the bands..From what little I know that's very unusual.

They reported is was likely due to the mountain lions eating the young ones and Cloud knew he needed additional males to keep an eye out.

I haven't seen the third yet, due to this crazy schedule of work and school and student teaching. I bought the first 2 episodes and have watched them repeatedly. I am not a mustang person. I was born and raised on the philosophies of registered Quarter horses being the elite, but I like Cloud. His story is just pretty great. 8)

crossbredcalves":gptedmce said:
I haven't seen the third yet, due to this crazy schedule of work and school and student teaching. I bought the first 2 episodes and have watched them repeatedly. I am not a mustang person. I was born and raised on the philosophies of registered Quarter horses being the elite, but I like Cloud. His story is just pretty great. 8)

That is what TV should be all about. It was very good entertainment. I like that the producer followed the same animal and at times, had to ride horseback for days just to find the band.

as a matter of interest,the roan horse she was rideing was gotten at a BLM auction as a yearling.

HS have you seen the "Blue Planet" series? Or "Wild Russia"? They are marvelous--awesome..Make me think.

peg4x4":e4o7xnn4 said:
as a matter of interest,the roan horse she was rideing was gotten at a BLM auction as a yearling.

HS have you seen the "Blue Planet" series? Or "Wild Russia"? They are marvelous--awesome..Make me think.

No but I will keep a lookout for 'em. There is so much junk on TV these days, I wonder why I missed them. Probably because I watch Fox news.

After all, how many times can a person watch the same version of Huckabee?

Blue Planet has a shark attack on a seal in super slow motion that must be seen to be believed.
Planet Earth has Birds of Paradice that hadn't been filmed before.
Wild Russia has Yakut horses that live out in Siberia in temps that reach 95f below zero!
I have great admiration for those film makers.

peg4x4":1cruq6jd said:
Blue Planet has a shark attack on a seal in super slow motion that must be seen to be believed.
Planet Earth has Birds of Paradice that hadn't been filmed before.
Wild Russia has Yakut horses that live out in Siberia in temps that reach 95f below zero!
I have great admiration for those film makers.

I especially like documentaries with decent music like what was in Cloud and beautiful scenery.

Speaking of music and scenery,have you ever watched "The Black Stallion"? Francis Ford Copola did really good work with that one. "Man from Snowy River is another with wonderful music and scenery that is new and fresh.

Regarding cloud letting young stallions stay within the band..there are some stallions that allow this.

A breed near and dear to my heart, the chincoteague ponies, which live on Assateague island off VA..one of the stallions on the island has been known to allow young stallions to stay within the herd..no one knows why...there is a distinct respect though for the herd stallion by the underlings. :)

On BBC tomorrow night "Planet Earth" will be on. :banana: I recomend anyone who can watch it :D

peg4x4":2ecqb810 said:
Speaking of music and scenery,have you ever watched "The Black Stallion"? Francis Ford Copola did really good work with that one. "Man from Snowy River is another with wonderful music and scenery that is new and fresh.

No. Thanks for letting me know about them.

I didn't like the 2nt of either nearly as much as the first of each. Both beautifuly done,but seemed to me the story,acting were off in both. Horses were great however,was the humans that were off.

I seem to have been in error about when "Planet Earth" will come on. I'm very sorry for that :frowns: Now I don't have any idea :(

Latest posts