Cliven Bundy

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFO and other agricultural groups can't and won't work. The majority of the farmers are dependent on the government, and can't make it without the government's help. It's really sad but true, the farmers have been bought and paid for through subsidies, cost shares - price guarantees, and low interest loans. They owe their soul to the government, and no one wants to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Farming is big business, but the government is the biggest business in this country. Very very sad. IMO

True Grit Farms":5i2ix5tc said:
The NFO and other agricultural groups can't and won't work. The majority of the farmers are dependent on the government, and can't make it without the government's help. It's really sad but true, the farmers have been bought and paid for through subsidies, cost shares - price guarantees, and low interest loans. They owe their soul to the government, and no one wants to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Farming is big business, but the government is the biggest business in this country. Very very sad. IMO
Grazing grass is not a subsidy. And the Cowman in most cases still just gets paid for what he produces. Just like the fisherman.
Anything or anybody dependant on government subsidies needs to be cut off. It'll be he'll for awhile, but you gotta break and egg to make a omelet. If you can't take care of yourself . Work harder, if that Dosnt cover it work even harder.

fenceman":1vxnqdkq said:
True Grit Farms":1vxnqdkq said:
Grazing grass is not a subsidy. And the Cowman in most cases still just gets paid for what he produces. Just like the fisherman.
Anything or anybody dependant on government subsidies needs to be cut off. It'll be he'll for awhile, but you gotta break and egg to make a omelet. If you can't take care of yourself . Work harder, if that Dosnt cover it work even harder.
:clap:
Farm subsidies are nothing but welfare.
You are getting somebodies tax dollars to keep you propped up.

We know our local FSA and USDA-NRCS agents quite well and how the system works. And in our part of the country 90+% of the farmers get some kind of government assistance, that's crazy. But the bottom line is, I'd much rather see my tax dollars going to the farmers and other land owners than the dope heads, freeloaders and illegal immigrants.

True Grit Farms":25umuru3 said:
If y'all believe that writing, calling your elected officials, or marching - parades, is going to make a difference just ask the Hammonds. The big money "government - special interest" like the liberal bug huggers have more political clout than the ranchers can ever overcome. Before the so called freedom fighter's took over Harney county, no one including myself ever heard of the Hammonds. And before Cliven Bundy's stand in Nevada we in the east never had a clue that the government owned the majority of the west.
The only way to stop the terrorists is to kill them, and the farmers and ranchers aren't the terrorist.

I for one had heard of the Hammonds before the occupiers arrived. And I don't even follow that sort of thing that much.
And I don't mean to be impertinent, but many of "us" in the "east" do in fact realize that much of the western part of the US is public land, owned by ALL of us.

fenceman":7dq2w4s6 said:
hurleyjd":7dq2w4s6 said:
anarchists

So was this guy.

People have long forgotten who and how this country was founded. The Feds out grew their britches a long time ago and have kept growing bigger. The government looks like those people that are so big they have to cut a hole in the wall to get them out of the house.

True Grit Farms":3o0j3d46 said:
We know our local FSA and USDA-NRCS agents quite well and how the system works. And in our part of the country 90+% of the farmers get some kind of government assistance, that's crazy. But the bottom line is, I'd much rather see my tax dollars going to the farmers and other land owners than the dope heads, freeloaders and illegal immigrants.

That is splitting hairs and I normally agree with you, on this I don't.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander we are all Americans.
Why should any group benefit from other American tax dollars over any other group.

I for one had heard of the Hammonds before the occupiers arrived. And I don't even follow that sort of thing that much.
And I don't mean to be impertinent, but many of "us" in the "east" do in fact realize that much of the western part of the US is public land, owned by ALL of us.[/quote]

I definitely knew that the government owned a good chunk of the land out west, just not the majority of the land out west. And yes I'd imagine that you would know about government over reach. Because I believe your state has the most government - public owned land east of the Mississippi. And the most folks on the government payroll also.

wacocowboy":2u1i9gk1 said:
fenceman":2u1i9gk1 said:
hurleyjd":2u1i9gk1 said:
anarchists

So was this guy.

People have long forgotten who and how this country was founded. The Feds out grew their britches a long time ago and have kept growing bigger. The government looks like those people that are so big they have to cut a hole in the wall to get them out of the house.

Actual Washington quote from him to congress and senate I his first address to the nation:

A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end, a uniform and well digested plan is requisite: and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them independent on others for essential, particularly for military supplies

fenceman":jykmvmss said:
hurleyjd":jykmvmss said:
anarchists

So was this guy.

An anarchist believes in no government at all George believed in government or the revolutionary war would not have been fought and no declaration of independence or constitution that George signed creating the government for the USA would have happened. So with this information I do not think that George Washington was an anarchist at all.

And you think the crazy people are . . . . Who? Those of you in Georgia and other places not even near the conflicts here. ?? Quote

FDA, EPA, NMFS, IRS, NOAA, HOMELAND SECURITY, FBI, FEDERAL RESERVE, NSA, COAST GAURD, TSA..........The list goes on and on. I'm not near conflict, but I can relate to the frustration.

Kathie in Thorp":3rluhnly said:
ez14":3rluhnly said:
ga.prime":3rluhnly said:
Hurley, you know you're arguing with a bunch of crazy people?
Not crazy people just people woundering when enough is enough
And you think the crazy people are . . . . Who? Those of you in Georgia and other places not even near the conflicts here. ??
Im not sure what you mean. But i never called any body crazy

Irrelevant how you, I or even Washington thought of himself at the time.
The British Crown and the Colonial Tories certainly believed and thought of Washington and the others as rebels and anarchists at the time. King George put a price on General Washington's head, one which his 'hired' Hessians wished to collect.
Washington himself had a very dim and mistrusting view of government--all government. At best, he saw it only as a necessary evil.

Those of you in Georgia and other places not even near the conflicts here. ??
Kathie--the world and history are filled with instances where those from afar identified fully and justly with strife and events from another part of the country or the world. Thank heavens that General Lafayette and his troops, from half a world away understood liberty, long before electronic media came to be, as did the Kentuckians and Tennesseans in 1836 even before they arrived in Bexar Texas. There are few here, that have not been touched by govt overstep and over reach at some time in our lives--this is not just a local matter, and that is evident by the national and even global interest and news commentary, as well as thread after thread on social media. To even think otherwise is rather ridiculous in this time and age. It's like saying none of us can understand or feel the tragedy that befell the northern ranchers at the hands of last years early and severe blizzard, or that you cannot feel or understand what misery a hurricane can bring to the Gulf Coast.

"There are few here, that have not been touched by govt overstep and over reach at some time in our lives" greybeard

Some deal with it almost everyday of their lives. Commercial fishing has gotten to the point where onboard cameras record your every move while at sea and send video to National Marine Fisheries Service to be viewed to see if fishermen so much as pee over the side.Tracking devices track your position 24/7 to make sure you don't navigate through a "Closed Area" or you don't fish outside your "legal"zone . At a dock next to mine, a fish boat had electrical problems while coming home. His tracking device wasn't working.Two car loads of agents met him when he tied to the dock with pistols drawn. Simple electrical problems and he had cocked and ready pistols pointed at his head. I ask any of you that think things are not out of hand.......what if your tractor or barn had a video sending feed to some government agency? What if agents surrounded you ready to shoot because your battery was dead. Quote "not even near conflict" I'm up to my neck it myself!!!!

zirlottkim, I can't relate to none of that, cause you're over there on that side of the gulf and I'm way over here, so I better not even comment on any of that. ;-)

boondocks":o3s6smlz said:
True Grit Farms":o3s6smlz said:
If y'all believe that writing, calling your elected officials, or marching - parades, is going to make a difference just ask the Hammonds. The big money "government - special interest" like the liberal bug huggers have more political clout than the ranchers can ever overcome. Before the so called freedom fighter's took over Harney county, no one including myself ever heard of the Hammonds. And before Cliven Bundy's stand in Nevada we in the east never had a clue that the government owned the majority of the west.
The only way to stop the terrorists is to kill them, and the farmers and ranchers aren't the terrorist.

And I don't mean to be impertinent, but many of "us" in the "east" do in fact realize that much of the western part of the US is public land, owned by ALL of us.

You keep using that word, but I don't think it means what you think it means.

Owned: ​belonging to or ​controlled by.

You ever tried controlling the land? Ever tried selling it? Ever tried to farm if, cut timber, rent it? Ever tried to pitch a tent on it and claim it belongs to you?

When it is controlled by a very few people that makes all decisions regarding its use, what gives you the feeling you own it? Can you ban people from entering it? Are there entities that can ban you?

Maybe it's my morphine high, but I think a lot of people are real confused on what it means to own and control something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts