clipping time

Help Support CattleToday:

Snider_Angus

Well-known member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma
they should be about 90% clipped a week before the show.. you can finish the other 10 % at the show as touch ups
 

CPL

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
1,041
Reaction score
0
If you are inexperienced or learning it sure doesn't hurt to practice many weeks in advance... or in my case MONTHS in advance! ;-)
 

Avalon

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 3, 2007
Messages
800
Reaction score
0
Location
WAXAHACHIE, TEXAS
I try to keep them clipped up all the time. When I do it for friends, I usually do it a coulpe weeks before the show. Then as someone else said, finish up at the show on show day.
 

*Cowgirl*

Well-known member
Joined
May 19, 2006
Messages
2,924
Reaction score
0
Location
Middle Tennessee
In the heat of show season, I try to keep them pretty well clipped all the time. Then a couple days before the show finish them off so that at the show I can concentrate more on fitting than basic clipping.

If you are inexperienced, I would advise starting EARLY so that if you make a mistake it can grow out.

For the first show in the spring. I block out about a month early to acclimate new calves to the clipper and get some of that winter hair off. Then about 2 weeks before the show, do a thorough job, and the weekend before the show get them in show ring condition.

Kind of random, but that's how I do it and it seems to work out well :?
 

grand chaser09

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 3, 2008
Messages
428
Reaction score
0
we clip them most of the way out about 2 weeks before a show. then do touch ups the week before and at the show. but the rest of the year i try to keep them blocked out so i still have my lines to work with and keep them cool.
 

Latest posts

Top