clipping show heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

dguess7

Reaction score
I am looking for someone in the ATulsa area to help clip two heifers, they where clipped once but the job was not very good and I don't want to mess it up again.

Thanks,
Dan

Contact Jerry McPeak at Connors State College in Warner. He teaches there and puts on the Be A Champ Show Cattle Camps. He'll know so guys in your area that can get the job done or probably has some students willing to do it (for pay).

If you don't want to pay, I'd say contact you local ag teacher and see if he will help you or get you in contact with someone that will.

Contact Chance Kornegay. He is a Farm Bureau agent in Tulsa. Do a Google search for Chance Kornegay Farm Bureau and you will get his business email and phone number. He is a great clipper, fitter and jock. If he doesn't have time himself, he can tell you who can that you can absolutely trust.

For my preferred suggestion: Learn how to do your own clipping and fitting. The only way you can learn is by doing. Watch others, and then go and practice, practice, practice. Half the fun of showing, is getting your calf ready by yourself. JUST DO IT!!!

That's a picture of my daughter with her Reserve National Champion Maine-Anjou Female and National Grand Champion Bred & Owned at the 1998 National Junior Show in Sioux Falls, SD

dguess7":24p58r5x said:
I am looking for someone in the ATulsa area to help clip two heifers, they where clipped once but the job was not very good and I don't want to mess it up again.

Thanks,
Dan

You live in the same town that is near Star Lake Cattle Co, one of the most succesfull Hereford operations in the nation when it comes to showing cattle. Surely someone there could recommend somebody to you.

Latest posts