Climate change or no climate change that is the question.

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver said:
We know the climate has always been changing. I guess the question is how much are we impacting it?
Personally I'm not too concerned about change, people and the rest of the earth have always adapted and will continue to do so. But I do think that especially considering how crowded our little ball of mud is getting that we need to clean up after ourselves and do things in a sustainable fashion.

Most of the time we don't really clean up as much as we simply gather and relocate. People pick up garbage on the side of the road and haul it to the dump. Man that's one pretty site.We pay to have tires recycled yet they simply haul them off and create huge piles of used tires. The same with roofing shingles, batteries, etc. Is one huge pile really better than having it scattered around the countryside?? I'm all for cleaning things up but we have to come up with a better solution for disposal and/or recycling.

One of the biggest impediments to real recycling of so called 'plastics' is cheap oil.

There is a large tire recycling center in Cleveland (Tx). They grind them into pellets and ship them off to (I think) Louisiana to be burned as fuel in an electric generating plant, a papermill and a cement kiln somewhere in Tx..

I've hauled a lot of tires to this recycler and it AIN'T cheap! A regular car or light truck tire costs me about $4 each to drop off. 18 wheeler tire nearly $10. If they are still on the wheel or if they are full of dirt and mud, the cost is higher. Farm tractor rear tires are right up there with 18 wheeler tires.
Last time I checked, they will sell you the ground up material for about $30/ton. I was going to get some to put on a roadway here but realized it would just float or wash off and right into the river next really big rain or flood and I would have to have a permit from TDEQ to do it anyway..

greybeard said:
One of the biggest impediments to real recycling of so called 'plastics' is cheap oil.

There is a large tire recycling center in Cleveland (Tx). They grind them into pellets and ship them off to (I think) Louisiana to be burned as fuel in an electric generating plant, a papermill and a cement kiln somewhere in Tx..

I've hauled a lot of tires to this recycler and it AIN'T cheap! A regular car or light truck tire costs me about $4 each to drop off. 18 wheeler tire nearly $10. If they are still on the wheel or if they are full of dirt and mud, the cost is higher. Farm tractor rear tires are right up there with 18 wheeler tires.
Last time I checked, they will sell you the ground up material for about $30/ton. I was going to get some to put on a roadway here but realized it would just float or wash off and right into the river next really big rain or flood and I would have to have a permit from TDEQ to do it anyway..

You are correct!
I would much rather subsidize that industry versus ethanol.

hurleyjd said:
I think I will hijack my on post. We may or may not have a climate problem, but looks like we may have a trash problem. Plastic in particular.

You can't fix stupid. People throw it on the ground thinking it will just disappear.

The "enlighten" crowd can't get the climate change thing to stick so they're switching over to trash pollution.

jltrent said:
We have another problem that will come to a quick ending after the 1st of the year, probably worth higjacking the thread. It is just about over....

is it just about over or will it be a recurring motif?

There are two SEPARATE issues that get confused when this subject comes up.

The two issues are:

1. Climate Change
2. The impact of human activities on climate.

1. Climate change is a natural phenomenon influenced by so many geological, physical and biological events that they are too numerous to list here. The historical record of the planet earth documents thousands and thousands of climatic changes. The climate has never been static. There were once crocodiles in what is now sorthern Wyoming. I have seen the fossils on the ground in a national preserve.

2. Human activity affects the physical environment around us. If you burn a brush pile, that is basically a chemical change that releases energy and raises atmospheric temperature.

Having said that, no one is going to stop climate change. I think the point should be that it is in the best interest of the human race to at the least mitigate their negative influence on climate change. But in the end, the Universe has no conscience. The Universe holds no regard for humans and there will be no remorse in our end.

ccr said:
jltrent said:
We have another problem that will come to a quick ending after the 1st of the year, probably worth higjacking the thread. It is just about over....

is it just about over or will it be a recurring motif?
It will recur as Christmas/New Years happens every year, but for this year just about over.

Climate will always change but never forget that doom and gloom is a way to control people and money. Think about that for a bit.

A long time ago and until tosday - this is how it goes:

1. We were all going to die from an early ice age.
2. We were all going to die from acid rain.
3. We were all going to die from destroying the atmosphere.
4. We were all going to die from the oceans rising and flooding us out.
5. We were all going to die from global warming.
6. We were all going to die from climate change.

There are lots more but the fact remains that many scientists do not believe in all the above but they are completely stifled by schools, media, politicians and the UN. In fact if you speak out against anything "climate" you will be vilified and attacked.

All of those who led those various charges were once not millionaires but some are now rich beyond belief.

Gore bought a mansion in Florida in a place he predicted would be covered in water before the turn of this century. But people would rather panic. The girl that spouts this as well is controlled by billionaires with an agenda but few ever mention that.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/mar/28/al-gores-seawater-swindle/

Every 15 - 25 years there is a prediction of death that never happens. But more folks get rich and the population gets more rules and regulations that have to be followed or you will be fined and jailed.

Greenland was once covered in warm weather plants and less than 2000 years ago was farmed by Vikings. Now there are glaciers on that big island.

Ever notice no one complains and demonstrates in China, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia and more? They will not allow it and in the west we FINANCE it!

In the end this is ALL ABOUT people control and money - doubt my comment at your own risk

Caustic Burno said:
hurleyjd said:
I think I will hijack my on post. We may or may not have a climate problem, but looks like we may have a trash problem. Plastic in particular.

You can convert it back to liquid fuel using pyrolysis versus throwing it away.

Why not just leave I liquid fuel as fuel and use paper , metal ,and wood??

Latest posts