Clicks when she walks?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I have a wf Grandma cow that lags behind the herd movement but is raising a very nice steer calf. My hearing is poor after way too much gunfire - - but when I wait at a gate to let her catch up I can hear her bones click as she walks by.

Is that a sign of too much wear and tear?

Yes, probably that is so ~ wear and tear. I am a grandma, and my knees do the same thing...... :help: Good for her she is still doing her job so well!

angie":33v2n2nt said:
Yes, probably that is so ~ wear and tear. I am a grandma, and my knees do the same thing...... :help: Good for her she is still doing her job so well!

Well I am not even a mom let alone grandma and my hips click when I walk, can't hear the but I sure can feel it.. :help:

I agree with Bez and Angie, her time is coming but she is doing her job. If you can give her a little more tlc in her advanced age you may get a little more time out of her. If she breeds back on schedule and raises a h#ll of a calf every year she has more than payed for herself. Cows like her are what you want your herd built on.. :)

Had an older cow that had an intermittant click in her hips for a couple of years. Finally shipped her when she couldn't get up easily anymore and I could tell she was hurting most of the time.

angie":3n7cqklv said:

Angie you are younger than me and I am in the desert - so stop complaining - you are doing all right considering your age! LOL

Regards

Bez+

Bez+":3vz7n1y1 said:
angie":3vz7n1y1 said:

Angie you are younger than me and I am in the desert - so stop complaining - you are doing all right considering your age! LOL

Regards

Bez+

considering your age!

Careful there my Canadian friend, sounds like you are calling Angie old and she is only a year older than me so you have lumped me in there too..Them's fighting words .. :lol: :p

hillsdown":1pc6t2hn said:
Bez+":1pc6t2hn said:
angie":1pc6t2hn said:

Regards

Bez+

considering your age!

Careful there my Canadian friend, sounds like you are calling Angie old and she is only a year older than me so you have lumped me in there too..Them's fighting words .. :lol: :p

LOL - and I am old enough that you would pass me on the street as an old, balding, some grey hair left, fat guy - so there ya' go.

Got you both well beat.

Actually - I have seen pics of both of you - and you are both quite well preserved (here I go again) for your age.

Too funny ......

Regards

Bez+

Latest posts