Cleveland Livestock Show

Help Support CattleToday:

TxCoUnTrYbOy

Reaction score
Today was the Cleveland Livestock Show in Cleveland, TX and Id have to say it was a big success. After hauling animals through severe thunderstorms at 5:30AM and running around to set up in the pouring rain, it went really well. I placed 2nd with my heifer, which I am happy with, then my big surprise was with my bull, who has been last every show because he was "too small to compete". Grand Champion Bull. And there were other bulls that I showed against too. Wasnt one of those Grand Champions only because there were no others. The judges exact words were "I am having a difficult time finding anything I dont like or would like to improve on this bull"

I am really happy with it, other than the awards they give. No belt buckles or trophies, but they gave backpacks (yes, little school backpacks) and garment bags. Apparently a lot of people were unhappy with this too. What high school student has a use for a little backpack or garment bag. I am OK with it though, the awards arent a big deal to me, I like the bragging rights that come with Grand Champion.

Garment bags are good for keeping and taking your show clothes in to the major shows, keeps all the dust and dirt off them.

Are the little backpacks the ones that are like little coolers?

Congrats on the win!

What breed of heifer & bull were you showing??? Glad you won!!! The garment bag can be used to carry your show clothes to the next show so they don't get dirty before you show. It will be useful at the next show.!!!CONGRATULATIONS

Congratulations! I remember when you posted pics of your Brahman and they looked real nice. Could tell you've been workin with them. Glad your hard work paid off! :) Take care.

Congradulations on your wins! You know why you're doing well with your bull.. he's finally caught up with the other bulls. The ones that are probably 6 months older than they are shown as.
:cboy:

JDI - I show Red Brahmans

The reason that the bag will not be very useful to me is because I am about to graduate from high school and this was probably my last show for a long time until I can get my own place up and running and do the open show. Ill be going off to college and wont get a chance to show any more. The bag can be useful to a lot of people, but the older kids probably will never use it.

cul8tr - No they werent the cooler type. They were just plain old backpacks that a kid would take to school. Actually I think they would be too small for a high school student to carry their stuff around. The way I see it is your either an underclassmen and have 8 textbooks and 10 binders to carry that wont fit in that backpack or are an upperclassmen and only carry 1 small binder and dont need a backpack. I am an upperclassmen. All I carry is a small binder that I decorated with camo duct tape.

Really though the prize isnt all that important. I am happy that I did so well. I would have been happy with no prizes.

Latest posts