Cleveland Browns

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest":1qbax3rv said:
I have never seen a team so devoted to picking such un-NFL worthy quarterbacks.

Texans are pretty good at it.
If a franchise QB fell through the roof of Reliant Stadium they would ruin or trade him.

Caustic Burno":3ecvt87q said:
Bestoutwest":3ecvt87q said:
I have never seen a team so devoted to picking such un-NFL worthy quarterbacks.

Texans are pretty good at it.
If a franchise QB fell through the roof of Reliant Stadium they would ruin or trade him.
They aided & abetted the Browns in all this (see #4 pick)
Price they paid to get rid of Brock Oswieller.

I think Mayfield has about as much common sense as Johnny football, he can take a hit though when the police bounced his head off that retaining wall.

"borderline" ?
That's like saying Mexico City is right on the Rio Grande.
Manziel crossed that line way back yonder..

Some reports indicate Josh Rosen #10 to Arizona is this year's possible problem child in working well with others.
Average Wonderlic score 20
Average NFL player score 22
Average NFL QB 24

1. Baker Mayfield Browns (craves attention) wonderlic 25 the same score as Dak Prescott and Mitch Turbisky
3. Sam Darnold NY Jets wonderlic 28 the same as Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Mark Sanchez
7. Josh Allen Buffalo Bills 37 same as Tony Romo and Akili Smith
10. Josh Rosen Arizona Cardinals 29 the same as Jimmy Garopollo and Tom Savage
32. Lamar Jackson Baltimore Ravens wonderlic 13 four other NFL qbs that scored 13 - Brad Banks, Brock Berlin
Rasheed Marshall and Neil O'Donnell

I just don't like his attitude. You come into the NFL that cocky and someone's going to knock your teeth out. It's a big step up, and we've seen time and time again how great college QB's can't do squat out there. I don't know who they should have drafted, but I don't believe a QB was a good choice. Maybe Barkley, the RB, or a really strong OL, make things interesting.

Don't remember a whole lot of cocky qbs that came out of college that ever amounted to anything, don't see Brady or Rodgers acting cocky there just good on a whole different level.

Son of Butch":b41ez69g said:
Some reports indicate Josh Rosen #10 to Arizona is this year's possible problem child in working well with others.
Average Wonderlic score 20
Average NFL player score 22
Average NFL QB 24

1. Baker Mayfield Browns (craves attention) wonderlic 25 the same score as Dak Prescott and Mitch Turbisky
3. Sam Darnold NY Jets wonderlic 28 the same as Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Mark Sanchez
7. Josh Allen Buffalo Bills 37 same as Tony Romo and Akili Smith
10. Josh Rosen Arizona Cardinals 29 the same as Jimmy Garopollo and Tom Savage
32. Lamar Jackson Baltimore Ravens wonderlic 13 four other NFL qbs that scored 13 - Brad Banks, Brock Berlin
Rasheed Marshall and Neil O'Donnell

Johnny Manziel scored 32 on it.

Bestoutwest":26pjn5so said:
I just don't like his attitude. You come into the NFL that cocky and someone's going to knock your teeth out. It's a big step up, and we've seen time and time again how great college QB's can't do squat out there. I don't know who they should have drafted, but I don't believe a QB was a good choice. Maybe Barkley, the RB, or a really strong OL, make things interesting.

Give him a chance.

At least he will save the browns some money in the cold weather games, they won't need to buy him hand warmers, he's always grabbing something else.

haase":fas894r9 said:
Don't remember a whole lot of cocky qbs that came out of college that ever amounted to anything, don't see Brady or Rodgers acting cocky there just good on a whole different level.
Aaron Rodgers not cocky? LOL
Aaron Rogers fell from being the #1 pick in 2005 draft to #24 to Green Bay bcs at his pre draft interview with the 49ers
he was rated such a cock with an inflated ego that 49ers head coach Mike Nolan stated "I can't work with this guy"
and 49ers drafted qb Phil Rivers at #1 instead of Rodgers. Rodgers kept falling bcs of his attitude not lack of talent.

Brett Favre has said the 1st time they met Rodgers walked up to him and said "Good Morning Grandpa."
The best thing that happened to Rodgers was to fall in the draft and then have to sit on the bench for 3 years
learning to respect veterans and other team leaders before getting to play. No love lost between Favre and Rodgers
2 giant egos and both of them cocky as all get out.

Never knew that the 49ers drafted Phillip rivers, I I thought the giants drafted rivers and was then traded to the chargers, he was drafted before Rodgers though, by a whole year, Smith and Rodgers were considered just above average qbs nothing great, Smith probably went ahead of Rodgers because of the great coach Mike Nolan ability to draft, didn't work out that great for him with a 18-37 record as a head coach.

I think that's the difference between having a positive way of arrogance or a negative arrogance, just doesn't seem that grabbing your package, flashing signs, or getting arrested is a positive for a leader on the team, imo.

The WR they just took was suspended all of last year for using a stolen credit card and that's not his only issue.

You are right... My Bad, It was Alex Smith not Rivers taken #1 by 49ers over Aaron Rodgers for behaving like an azz.
But the point remains star qbs often are cocks, for every great qb with high character such as Roger Staubach
there's 3 or 4 cocks such as Aaron Rogers, Brett Favre, Jeff George or Big Ben Rapelistberg.

By drafting wr Antonino Calloway today Cleveland shows they are in step with Cincinnati on issues of character.

Latest posts