Clearing land

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms":1os0hzt7 said:
msscamp":1os0hzt7 said:
an elm tree that I've been trying to kill for 3 years. Anytime I'm home to make sure they don't wander out onto the highway, I turn out a pen of 30 doelings to help them out. I'm thinking it won't take long. :lol: :D [/b]

Much more fun than just spraying roundup or breaking out the chainsaw! :clap:

Oh yeah! :lol: :lol: The ingenuity(sp?) of a goat never ceases to amaze me.

BARNSCOOP":a40y6bbp said:
We just had a man come over and use one of those Bobcat's with the tracks and a mulcher on the front. Did a great job turning downed trees, weeds, scrub brush into mulch. They can only mulch up trees that are about 4"-6" around or smaller but it was a great start and looks super! Here are a few pictures.

This sounds like a good thing to check into. Any ideal of the name of this equipment? Thanks

And again thank you for all your input and advice. You don't know how much I appreciate your input and knowledge. Thanks again!

CCFARMS":1s43e2b1 said:
BARNSCOOP":1s43e2b1 said:
We just had a man come over and use one of those Bobcat's with the tracks and a mulcher on the front. Did a great job turning downed trees, weeds, scrub brush into mulch. They can only mulch up trees that are about 4"-6" around or smaller but it was a great start and looks super! Here are a few pictures.

This sounds like a good thing to check into. Any ideal of the name of this equipment? Thanks
What did he charge an hour ???

Sorry I don't know the name of the equiptment and he priced it by the complete job not by the hour. But I believe it took him eight hours and the charge was $1250.00. It was worth the money if you have seen this area before!

I am looking at clearing my 19+ acres in SW Missouri with goats. I definitely do not want to spray chemicals (for a variety of reasons), and the property has been languishing since before I bought it in '95. Been away except for a month a year (Navy) for the last 25 years, and seems that will continue a bit till I get back home. I appreciate everybody's comments, since it is all food for thought right now on what to do when I come home to set it up for when I finally come back for good and set to it. I know I will have to get better fencing. Just wondering on whether to get a cow/calf to run with them, as it is mostly timber, but a few acres up top of grass/prairie weeds. I have a cabin, but will be building suitable stock buildings for their shelter.