Clearing a Fence Line

Help Support CattleToday:

oh me you have alot of things to consider when hiring a dozer to clear fence lines.here a dozer will charge you $150 an hour or more no matter what they are doing.with what your clearing you have 2 choices burn or bury the brush.if you want 1 of those 2 things done tell them up front because that does affect the price.now if the dozer operator is slow or fast that has alot todo with hours to clear the fence row.we had a guy bid on fixing a pool dam well he said it would take his dozer man like 8 to 10hrs towe agreed then todo the job.then i threw the monkey bwrench in it.we tell him we will do it if you use our dozer operator he agreed.and our man who is in his 80s done the job in 7hrs insted of 10 like he allowed and charged for.

BB maybe I missed something... Who had the dozer? If it was the contractors dozer and he just let someone climb on it and run it hes not very smart.

skyhightree1":1e2396md said:
inyati13":1e2396md said:
Sky, even if you are a contractor I still love you brother. Remember, you and I are share the same Mother!! :)

ya dam right lol You can't trust those contractors though ;-)

No, No, NO!

You are a brother from ANOTHER mother, you don't share the same mother, you share the same Daddy!

Carry on....

skyhightree1":j3wyckqv said:
BB maybe I missed something... Who had the dozer? If it was the contractors dozer and he just let someone climb on it and run it hes not very smart.
sky the old man that we put on the contractors dozer has ran heavy equipment for over 60 years.plus the contractor had heard of him.then he hired the old man to digg 3 more pools that they had lined up todo.the contractors guys worked way to slow.and we are used to getting things done right and quick.

TennesseeTuxedo":1r3sbzed said:
skyhightree1":1r3sbzed said:
inyati13":1r3sbzed said:
Sky, even if you are a contractor I still love you brother. Remember, you and I are share the same Mother!! :)

No, No, NO!

You are a brother from ANOTHER mother, you don't share the same mother, you share the same Daddy!

Carry on....

carrying on ;-) :D

TennesseeTuxedo":1ls1lnw5 said:
skyhightree1":1ls1lnw5 said:
inyati13":1ls1lnw5 said:

No, No, NO!

Carry on....

Is that the way it was? I knew we shared a Sire or a Dam. Either way, we are brothers. :lol2:

Here dozier operators charge according to the size and horsepower of the machine. My guy charges about $140 per hour and has an Allis.