Cleaning ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
How do you all recommend Cleaning the good syringes like stainless steel pistol type etc? I've heard several people say just hot water. I've heard Alcohol also. I just bought at a farm sale a very nice stainless steel vet box full of nice pistol syringes and several other things and I want to try and take care this stuff properly. Thanks for help. B&G

We just rinsed them out in warm to hot water, but we also used a dedicated, sterile needle for loading the syringe. I think you will find soap messes with the rubber on the plunger and prevents it from sliding easily like it should.

If you're going to put them in the dishwasher, don't allow the dishwasher to dry them. The heat will deteriorate the rubber on the plunger.

I've been putting them in the dishwasher for 15 years and no problems yet. But I put some vegetable oil on the o-ring before putting them away.

I boil the heck out of them. I don't have any stainless ones, but I do have some very nice all-glass ones with no rubber seal, the glass is machined to such a tight tolerance it doesn't need it. I have 25cc and they're the best thing ever for LA200, etc, you hardly have to push on the plunger which is really nice.

Latest posts