Cleaning up Goldenrod

Help Support CattleToday:

rgv

Reaction score
Last year I started haying some new ground that had been really rough. Needless to say, eliminated many of the annual weeds etc, however, it has waaayyy to much goldenrod which really gets stemmy in the hay.
Need to spray this spring - which would you receommend -
Grazon - Remedy - Crossbow?

About 50 acres - need to get a sprayer. Like the thought of the atv mounted with the 30 ft boomless sprayer, but I feel i would be going to refill constantly.

Input would be appreicated

RGV

Caustic Burno":211awqe9 said:
Made the 300 gallon one for about 150 bucks.

I am all ears old wise one!

I can't use chemical fertilizer on the leased property. Right there is my lease is a requirement of just how I fertilize the coastal. I accepted those terms. But for my own coastal fields, we are going to do the chemical this season. I've got tanks and trailers and even pumps. All I have to do is rig a boom and sprayers. Got any secrets you would like to share CB?

backhoeboogie":uxtqoxz2 said:
Caustic Burno":uxtqoxz2 said:
Made the 300 gallon one for about 150 bucks.

I am all ears old wise one!

I can't use chemical fertilizer on the leased property. Right there is my lease is a requirement of just how I fertilize the coastal. I accepted those terms. But for my own coastal fields, we are going to do the chemical this season. I've got tanks and trailers and even pumps. All I have to do is rig a boom and sprayers. Got any secrets you would like to share CB?

All right boogie got a 300 gallon tote that chemical vendors use for free, mounted it on the back of a old two wheel trailer I had.
Bought all the hoses, pto pump, regulator's and boomless spray nozzles for the 150 bucks.

Caustic Burno":2rgsu3uq said:
All right boogie got a 300 gallon tote that chemical vendors use for free, mounted it on the back of a old two wheel trailer I had.
Bought all the hoses, pto pump, regulator's and boomless spray nozzles for the 150 bucks.

That is kind of what I am thinking.

My littlest trash pump is going to pump way too fast. I had considered a pipe tee and throttle valves recirculating the pump such that most of the water is returned to the tank. I cannot let the pump go dry.

Maybe I should just use the Massey and rig a little PTO pump.

I don't think it would be any problem to rig a boom and sprayers. I just need to calculate how much I am spraying.

backhoeboogie":tej9trrm said:
Caustic Burno":tej9trrm said:

That is kind of what I am thinking.

My littlest trash pump is going to pump way too fast. I had considered a pipe tee and throttle valves recirculating the pump such that most of the water is returned to the tank. I cannot let the pump go dry.

Maybe I should just use the Massey and rig a little PTO pump.

I don't think it would be any problem to rig a boom and sprayers. I just need to calculate how much I am spraying.

You can get assorted volumes and pressure's in the pto pumps cheap, I just matched the pump for what was recommended by the sprayer company.

Some weed populations are really reduced when you raise the soil ph. I think golden rod is one of them.

Lime and clover seed is an alternative to spraying.

Latest posts