Cleaning out fence rows

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Looking for different?better ideas that maybe I just don't know about when it comes to cleaning out fence rows that are grown up with everything you can think of. I have a place I might be able to lease and some of the fencing has to be cleared out and redone.

I don't know about there. Here with a pole saw two men can clear lots of fence with one cutting and the other dragging out the cuttings

I agree with rafter and J&D sometimes its just easier to build a new fence than fool with trying to uncover buried fencing. You can go through all the work of clearing it and find you need to replace it anyhow. Then after its cleared or newly built maintain it. I spray from the fence line out past it. I kill everything on the outer perimeter so cattle dont have grass greener on the other side and push up against fencing.

skyhightree1":jc7yqbwf said:
I agree with rafter and J&D sometimes its just easier to build a new fence than fool with trying to uncover buried fencing. You can go through all the work of clearing it and find you need to replace it anyhow. Then after its cleared or newly built maintain it. I spray from the fence line out past it. I kill everything on the outer perimeter so cattle dont have grass greener on the other side and push up against fencing.
+1
That's good advice!

I declared war on grown up fence rows years ago. I keep my cross fences sprayed for broad leafs, including bushes. I finally had to give up on cleaning by hand, and just have a dozer come in. I'm a numbers guy. Every 1000 foot of cross fence that you have growed over, works out to 1/3 acre of grass gone.

We have a small place but some old fence, locust posts and woven wire in the "Bottom"

Its true, scrub and trees are holding it up.

I have an old Ford industrial 4400 Front end loader backhoe, working to get that in shape now to tackle or fence line.

I may just clear an area an put in hi tensile. With all these T-post laying around here,, sure it be easier and cheaper.

There is a lot of pasture creep in fence rows. We need to get ours under control.

Latest posts