Cleaning barrels for feeders.

Help Support CattleToday:

ryan_289

Reaction score
At the dealership I work at we fill our own dry cell batterys. The electrolyte barrels are the same blue barrels you see people make hanging mineral feeders out of. I empty these out and fill them 1/4 full of water and dump a box of baking soda to neutralize the acid. As long as the acid is neutralized and the insides washed out these should be fine to make feeders out of shouldnt they?

ryan_289":20bz00ry said:
At the dealership I work at we fill our own dry cell batterys. The electrolyte barrels are the same blue barrels you see people make hanging mineral feeders out of. I empty these out and fill them 1/4 full of water and dump a box of baking soda to neutralize the acid. As long as the acid is neutralized and the insides washed out these should be fine to make feeders out of shouldnt they?
They should be if you can get rid of the odor. I have one barrel that I cleaned 5 years ago and have left the top off for that long. It was used for crushed garlic in vinegar. Still smells like it. If they have an off odor the cows typically won;t use them much.