Classic Car Owner?

Help Support CattleToday:

younggun

Reaction score
Any other classic car nuts on here? I myself and a huge Mopar fan but I respect and appreciate all classic American iron and would love to own a lot of "brand x" cars as well.

My first car (bought in 2010 at 16 years old) was a 1975 Plymouth Scamp with the good ole slant 6. Didn't know much about these cars back then and small issues looked a lot bigger than they were. I ended up selling the car in 2013 prior to getting married. A few month after getting married I caught the bug again, HARD!! So I drove to NC and picked up my 72 Plymouth Duster.

This pic was taken right before we loaded the car. (January 21, 2014)

Well I ended up putting a 5.9 (360) from a 98 ram and a 5 speed O/D trans from a 96 Dakota in it and drove it for the first time on September 24, 2016.

The car really hasn't changed looks much as all my money has gone into the mechanics of the car. I'm currently working on getting the interior cleaned up and more presentable tho.

If any of y'all are interested, I have a build thread here that I post my progress in.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/thr ... es.275390/

So let's see any classic cars y'all own or have owned!!

I can't seem to get pics to load for some reason. I'll try to get this figured out

Well no matter what I try, it says it can't determine the size of my.... um.... PICS!! :lol2:

But I have pics in that link I posted.

Finally got pics to post but the quality looks like crap. *edit again* I guess the quality just looks like crap on my phone but when I click on the pic it comes up in MUCH better quality

younggun":17au6lsf said:
I can't seem to get pics to load for some reason. I'll try to get this figured out

Well no matter what I try, it says it can't determine the size of my.... um.... PICS!! :lol2:

But I have pics in that link I posted.
I think that usually means the pictures are just TOO big

I have had 3 in my lifetime. Sold them because they were a financial drain. Now wish I had all 3 back. I get my antique fix now with an old tractor.

Through the years my only classics were a heavy tricked out 48 Merc with a speedshop built flat head V8, 1959 Alfa Romeo Guilleta Spider. When I rebuilt the original 1300cc engine in the Alfa huge chunks of devcon (JB Weld) fell out of the sides of the block. Replaced it with a newer 2000cc engine. It was faster in a straight line but never did corner/handle like the lighter engine made it. An NSU Prinz with the first Wankel engine (piece of crap). Currently a1931 Model A Ford Closed Cab Pickup

I have a 64 1/2 Ford Mustang in the garage. I parked it there 19 years ago and haven't moved it since. Its got 67,000 miles on it. Everything is original except the horn. It broke and was replaced.

I'm a classic car nut but more into classic trucks and cars than muscle cars. I'm mostly into the old ford flathead engines. Almost everyday I'm looking online and at auctions for flathead ford motors for sale. I used to be able to pick up complete motors all the time for $200 but now I hardly ever see them pop up for sale at a reasonable price anymore. The big 337 cubic inch Ford/Lincoln flathead from 48-52 are the hardest ones to find.

The first car I ever restored was a Ford 1928 Model A Business coupe that I still have and drive - all original. The most recent project I have going on is a 1952 Ford F6 5th wheel truck that I put the big 337ci Lincoln flathead in. I hauled the truck from Missouri, the motor I hauled from Virginia and the transmission came from a junk yard in Ohio that was ran by a 70+ year old crossdresser in a dirty Dolly Pardon wig. The F6 truck is an old military truck with Navy and Army markings. The hood and other parts in the truck are marked Kansas Naval Ordnance Plant or stamped KNOP. I haven't had much luck finding anything about the Kansas Naval Ordnance Plant as it doesn't even pop up in a google search.

Heck my daily drivers are considered classics now. 78 Thunderbird, 84 F250 extended cab/8' bed (land yacht), and a 95 Dodge 3500.

I'm not a gearhead by any stretch of the imagination (to me a vehicle is mostly just a tool to transport me from point A to point B), but I had a 4-door 1977 Cougar that I've often wished I had kept.

I don't know much about Mopars but I can appreciate them, nice patina BTW.
Last one I had I did a resto-mod complete with a 455 Pontiac engine, sold it when we bought the farm and purchased a tractor. Now I like old farm trucks, more my style as I age.
Before_After.jpg

7temp.jpg

I like any piece of machinery that has been tastefully kept and modified.. I would have had myself a Chevy 2 Nova if all my go-fast parts hadn't been stolen just before I started the build.. I've always loved the rotary engines, had all sorts of them, the last one was a '93 Rx7, put $10K into the engine and it was some kind of fun, 400 hp at 11PSI boost, friend of mine had the same engine and made 875 RWHP @ 45PSI.. that's a lot in a 2500 lb car.. Anyhow, I hardly got to drive mine after the mods, I moved to the farm, sold the car to a friend and started playing with diesels.. I did paint my truck the same color as the '93 Rx7 because it was just such a cool color

Here's a bunch of my toys... Dad's truck just restored (92 dodge), my truck ('94 dodge), '84 Rx7 and the '93 Rx7

What is a classic? What age makes it a classic? My daily driver truck is 27 years old, bought it new in 1990 , I drive it daily. My gooseneck pulling truck is a 22 years old , 1995 GMC 2500 four wheel drive, :cboy:

Bought this one when I was 15. Lost interest in it about 20 years or so ago, been sitting in the garage ever since. Figure I'll take an interest again sometime, just not sure when.

Wished I still had my 69 GTO it was bad to the bone, cousin had a 68 Super Bee 383 magnum with three deuces that car was scary fast.
Actually looked at a 67 GTO last week almost got weak enough to write the check.

Caustic Burno":3eu53y3o said:
Wished I still had my 69 GTO it was bad to the bone, cousin had a 68 Super Bee 383 magnum with three deuces that car was scary fast.
Actually looked at a 67 GTO last week almost got weak enough to write the check.
The price tag would have made me weak

dun":1d7y4swl said:
Caustic Burno":1d7y4swl said:
The price tag would have made me weak

I was the most scared of the Mrs.

Latest posts