Class Reunion

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I went to my 40th class reunion over the weekend. I went to the 10 year but none since then. I went expecting to see a bunch of guys and gals I went to school with but instead there was just a bunch of old people. Anyone else have this problem at their class reunion?

Dave":1hukehuk said:
I went to my 40th class reunion over the weekend. I went to the 10 year but none since then. I went expecting to see a bunch of guys and gals I went to school with but instead there was just a bunch of old people. Anyone else have this problem at their class reunion?

My 40th won't be until 2011. I'll get back to ya on that. :D

I'm going to my 53rd in October. First and last...lol. I've seen some pictures of that crowd...yikes! Amazing how OLD and FAT and XXXXX some look. On other hand, a very few actually look better than they did in High School...go figure.

What is amazing to me is that based on the "scrapbook" of the class I saw several months ago, most still are married to the same person and most of them still live within 50 miles of there. I guess I'm one of those little green aliens...lol.

My 30th was this year but I didn't go. One of my best friends from high school died last year and I didn't want to pay $100 to think about it all night.

I've been out for 14 years, we didn't even have a 10 year reunion. Reckon that's cause our class president married our 5th grade teacher??? If they ever have one, not sure if I'd go or not. Didn't really like that many people from school and the only reason I'd go is to poke fun at the buttmunches that thought they were better than everyone else, I've heard how a few of them turned out!

cfpinz":xp22xfji said:
I've been out for 14 years, we didn't even have a 10 year reunion. Reckon that's cause our class president married our 5th grade teacher??? If they ever have one, not sure if I'd go or not. Didn't really like that many people from school and the only reason I'd go is to poke fun at the buttmunches that thought they were better than everyone else, I've heard how a few of them turned out!
I thought it was alright to marry your cousin in Virginia.
Tom

I'll never go to a High School reunion--I cannot tell you how much I hated highschool..It was so bad it took 15 years before I could go back to that town! Wouldn't ever have gone back,except they had the only Library within 40 miles. The people(hotshots) I disliked in school never came in the Library...However,most of them are in jail,moved far away,keeping a really low profile..

I went to a class reunion last month. Don't know if I'll go to the next one or not. We had a good turn out, seems like 35 of the 45 member class turned out.....I'd have to look that up. None of them were obese. Some were certainly too heavy, but no one was obese. There were some sad stories and some funny stories and some successful stories. It was interesting, but don't know if I'll go to the next one.

kerley":59w9uxo0 said:
I thought it was alright to marry your cousin in Virginia.
Tom

A cousin is perfectly acceptable, and often encouraged. But your own elementary school teacher is considered a faux pas in backwoods etiquette.

cfpinz":2otdq3q7 said:
whats the deal with teachers nowdays,,, when i was a kid all the teachers were knockin; the he!@ out of 80 years. the only lusting we did on them was for the old cars they drove :cowboy:

cfpinz":19xh7skf said:
Good word! Mind if I use it?

ga. prime":1yxx4x1n said:
cfpinz":1yxx4x1n said:
Good word! Mind if I use it?

Be my guest, before Paris Hilton copywrites it!

I went to my 10th. I think I'll go to my 25th. That seems like a nice mile stone.

I wasn't the most popular in HS but nobody threw rocks at me either. Our class was a pretty good class and everyone pretty much got along well with everyone. I remember the teachers sure hated to see our class graduate because we did get along so well with everyone. (the grades above and below us in those days, they were not as fortunate)

Anyway, my tenth made me a little uncomfortable. Seems like everyone who showed up were doctors, or lawyers, or doctors of lawyers, or lawyers of doctors, or maybe politicians. I felt down right tacky amongst the class of over acheavers. Walking through the parking area, it was uhm...... BMW's, Mercedes, oooh.. look a new Corvette. :roll:

My sisters told me not to worry, all those class mates didn't actually own those fancy cars or their own houses, the banks probably did.

I can just hear it now... "So, what do you do?......"

I, *sigh* still live at home on the old farm, raisin cattle and planting crops.

Seems pretty anticlimatic.

BTW Buttmunch? Wasn't that used in the TV show Friends? ;-)

i ended up going to my 25th in june becausev an old buddy made me go.an they had finally become humans.all tho quiet a few of them got ripping drunk.an i was the only fat baldheaded 1 there.

ToddFarmsInc":8uwfni5y said:
BTW Buttmunch? Wasn't that used in the TV show Friends? ;-)

Never seen Friends. Buttmunch is just me trying to be polite in front of a mixed crowd.

Latest posts