civility

Help Support CattleToday:

boondocks":258z0304 said:
I don't want to get into a gun debate here, just state my firmly held belief that (regardless of what one thinks of guns, 2nd Amendment etc), the fired "gentleman" was WAY out of line.
(Do we have NO standards of decency left? Cripes). http://www.kansascity.com/news/state/mi ... 51974.html

No he wasn't out of line he was calling a spade a spade.

It is not a matter of civility!!! It's a form of retardation or maybe worse.

Most of these 'hardazz tough guys' lack the courage or coping skills it takes to have their own values challenged or critiqued and lack a willingness or capability to have a real dialogue. By definition, a snowflake.

If this was a group advocating for a value or right that he covets, they would be saints. So add hypocrisy to the list.

TennesseeTuxedo":244hv0em said:
Though I might disagree with the way he said it I'd fight to the death for his right to do so.

Or something like that.

Agree. It violates no law. No one was damaged.

Just another snowflake. I have never heard of David Hogg until today. Sounds like he might have some behavior issues too.

Bright Raven":20zv2yqi said:
TennesseeTuxedo":20zv2yqi said:
Though I might disagree with the way he said it I'd fight to the death for his right to do so.

Or something like that.

Just another snowflake. I have never heard of David Hogg until today. Sounds like he might have some behavior issues too.

Seems a few snowflakes must have whooped your azz a few times .

M-5":3ihsoy6j said:
Bright Raven":3ihsoy6j said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3ihsoy6j said:

Or something like that.

Seems a few snowflakes must have whooped your azz a few times .

Nope.

if you read the context of the statement the poker should have been interpreted and debunking or using information against him. "i've been hanging out getting ready to ram a hot poker up David Hogg's ass tomorrow. Busy working. Preparing."

As usual people get but hurt over the least little thing , just a bunch of pansies .

Caustic Burno":aayl593x said:
boondocks":aayl593x said:
I don't want to get into a gun debate here, just state my firmly held belief that (regardless of what one thinks of guns, 2nd Amendment etc), the fired "gentleman" was WAY out of line.
(Do we have NO standards of decency left? Cripes). http://www.kansascity.com/news/state/mi ... 51974.html

No he wasn't out of line he was calling a spade a spade.
You might get away with saying it face to face (if you don't get your a$$ kicked) but broadcasting it over the public airwaves might be considered legally as a terroristic threat.

Anyone that can't connect the metaphor of a hot poker in the azz to a series of tough questions, in this particular context, needs to hold down Ctrl Alt Delete for a few seconds. Yes, I think we ALL need to exercise more civility, but when you get the job because you get folks worked up and then get fired, or "resign", for working folks up????? Why do everyone's feelers get hurt so easily these days? SMH

Edit to add: Like Dad and I were talking the other evening.....Everyone better stand up and pay attention to these young folks. They have a legitimate gripe, but they just don't understand cause and effect well enough to make good decisions.....yet. Instead of berating and alienating the other side, engage in a worthwhile conversation. It's just not possible to come up with an agreeable solution to their problems, if you don't know what they are.

Farm Fence Solutions":38d9sexa said:
Anyone that can't connect the metaphor of a hot poker in the azz to a series of tough questions, in this particular context, needs to hold down Ctrl Alt Delete for a few seconds. Yes, I think we ALL need to exercise more civility, but when you get the job because you get folks worked up and then get fired, or "resign", for working folks up????? Why do everyone's feelers get hurt so easily these days? SMH

Edit to add: Like Dad and I were talking the other evening.....Everyone better stand up and pay attention to these young folks. They have a legitimate gripe, but they just don't understand cause and effect well enough to make good decisions.....yet. Instead of berating and alienating the other side, engage in a worthwhile conversation. It's just not possible to come up with an agreeable solution to their problems, if you don't know what they are.
They think tide pods are food and rubbers are for snorting and all of a sudden they are firearm experts.

Hogg has changed his story several times. There are better more credible students to push this agenda. Someone just happens to be pushing Hogg .
He is just jockeying to be the tallest hog at the trough IMO.

M-5":115b6k6l said:
Farm Fence Solutions":115b6k6l said:

They think tide pods are food and rubbers are for snorting and all of a sudden they are firearm experts.

Great argument. That should make things better and really open some good conversation.

Farm Fence Solutions":3sms8e4o said:
M-5":3sms8e4o said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3sms8e4o said:

Great argument. That should make things better and really open some good conversation.

So you must feel we can negotiate with terrorist? Why would anyone want to waste their time talking to liberals and idiots? And besides there's no good conversation on taking my Second Amendment rights away.

Ok, so as best I can track this thread so far, many CTers (who pride themselves on being upright moral people, many Christians) have no.problem.whatsoever with a grown man (who hosts a nightly tv show on ABC in St. Louis) using the public airways to brag that he is going to "ram a hot poker up the [ ]" of a high school student, who has dared to state opinions that the "grown" man disagrees with.
Got it.
(ps--there are 20-something million US teens. There were 53 known "Tide Pod" cases last year. (It's become more an internet-meme thing than an actual thing). Dismissing an entire generation based on the acts of an infinitesimal few would set a standard none of us "adult" generations could stand up to. There will be a few "Tide Pod" eaters in every generation).

Farm Fence Solutions":20ckkwox said:

I agree. I think in five years their influence will produce gun control legislation. I don't think they are alienated yet but given the extremes that divide Americans on this issue, they will be.

boondocks":2mvitsa5 said:
Ok, so as best I can track this thread so far, many CTers (who pride themselves on being upright moral people, many Christians) have no.problem.whatsoever with a grown man (who hosts a nightly tv show on ABC in St. Louis) using the public airways to brag that he is going to "ram a hot poker up the [ ]" of a high school student, who has dared to state opinions that the "grown" man disagrees with.
Got it.

You got it. That sums it up well.

BTW: I think these kids will make some changes. May take time. But it will happen.

True Grit Farms":3t6d1ca9 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3t6d1ca9 said:
M-5":3t6d1ca9 said:

So you must feel we can negotiate with terrorist? Why would anyone want to waste their time talking to liberals and idiots? And besides there's no good conversation on taking my Second Amendment rights away.

Ah yes, the "liberals are terrorists and idiots" argument again. Wondered when this was going to show up.

As for Tide Pods, and condoms up the nose, how many of these incidents have actually happened? Seriously, I'd love some proof of how many people have actually done this. Until then, it's a Fox News conspiracy to generate clicks. And, before everyone gets too excited, think back about all the stupid stuff you did as a kid. Driving at 100 down a dark, back road-drunk, sober, unbuckled, whatever-is just as dangerous to you AND others. At least the alleged Tide Pod kids are only hurting themselves.

Bright Raven":27deu19x said:
Farm Fence Solutions":27deu19x said:

I agree. I think in five years their influence will produce gun control legislation. I don't think they are alienated yet but given the extremes that divide Americans on this issue, they will be.

I wouldn't bet against you.

Latest posts