City Guy

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
I tried to PM City Guy. It shows he last posted February 24. Apparently, he was banned or deleted his membership.

Last I heard he'd fallen in love with a carnival midget by the name of Zelda the Magnificent and he was planning on eloping with her to Tuvalu where he was planning on opening a bait and tackle shop and Zelda could pursue her body art hobby.

Jogeephus":2p4utsfq said:
Last I heard he'd fallen in love with a carnival midget by the name of Zelda the Magnificent and he was planning on eloping with her to Tuvalu where he was planning on opening a bait and tackle shop and Zelda could pursue her body art hobby.

That fits. There was something about him that suggested he had higher goals than husbandry of cattle.

If I ever pass through Tuvalu, I will stop in and meet his wife.

Bright Raven":2s2ri7ua said:
Jogeephus":2s2ri7ua said:

That fits. There was something about him that suggested he had higher goals than husbandry of cattle.

If I ever pass through Tuvalu, I will stop in and meet his wife.
all you need to visit city guy and his wife is a imagination! thats where he lives :roll:

Jogeephus":10y6if6r said:

hahaha.

41EBHEHXMKL._SX300_.jpg

Well as dumb as some of his or her questions were, I thought they were plausible from just reading a book. But then to argue with folks that have hands on experience of what really works and what doesn't is just plain stupid.

True Grit Farms":i3x82gac said:
Well as dumb as some of his or her questions were, I thought they were plausible from just reading a book. But then to argue with folks that have hands on experience of what really works and what doesn't is just plain stupid.

I agree they were plausible from only reading books and you are 100000% right that it was TOTALLY out of line to argue with those that have been there done that. Maybe that is why I got a little more explicit in my reply when he questioned the calving in winter thing....Got tired of him putting down people who have legit concerns, questions etc. And Kell inKY was asking a very legit question about that calf since she was unable to take care of it and didn't want to unnecessarily bother her dad who lived quite a bit away from her.

farmerjan":2ew3ym2k said:
Kell inKY was ............ since she................ from her.
Except I'm a DUDE! My name is Kelly, thought Kell would eliminate some gender confusion, apparently not. I used to get some interesting mail and phone calls :) should probably change my avatar to that male symbol!

SORRY........ :hide: :hide: :hide:
I don't read the profiles right off, and it just seemed like a woman would be that worried about a cow with a new calf in that cold weather. My deepest apologies...with egg on my face!!!! Ha Ha .
Hope you are all recovered from the ailments back in the winter... Thanks for cluing me in. Sometimes I am rather dense.

farmerjan":2d96bxas said:
True Grit Farms":2d96bxas said:

I agree they were plausible from only reading books and you are 100000% right that it was TOTALLY out of line to argue with those that have been there done that. Maybe that is why I got a little more explicit in my reply when he questioned the calving in winter thing....Got tired of him putting down people who have legit concerns, questions etc. And Kell inKY was asking a very legit question about that calf since she was unable to take care of it and didn't want to unnecessarily bother her dad who lived quite a bit away from her.

He was persistent but none of the posts I read would I consider rude, mean-spirited, foul-mouthed etc.

I also disagree with True Grit that he "argued". To me he tried to test his understanding albeit based on his reading and other experiences at arms length from the vocation of animal husbandry.

I was raised on a tobacco farm. We used draft horses and had a small dairy. Our milk was shipped in ten gallon cans to a cheese plant in Cynthiana, KY. My father whom I mentored under growing up was raised on a farm that had a large dairy. Based on his experience, you might assume he was one you could learn from. Fact is, by today's standards, his knowledge was not progressive. When I began my cattle operation, he was convinced that minerals were a waste of money. I have had to "unlearn" a lot of what I grew up believing. So experience can be bad or it can be good.

Personally, I think you could only be offended by City Guy because you allowed yourself to be offended. He was very benign in my opinion.

Bright Raven you must not have read all his posts in the different topics. His comments to Kell-inKy were rude and very uncalled for. Especially his attitude that people shouldn't be chasing the dollar or "BRAGGING RIGHTS" to have the first calf by calving in the winter. That particular calf WAS NOT planned for winter and it was stated so right in the beginning of the post. So yeah, I think he was being argumentative and judgemental. Maybe if it was directed at you, you'd have a different opinion. It would have been different if he was even doing ANYTHING that constituted "farming" or homesteading or self-sufficiency, but he wasn't, and kept saying that this one should do this or that one should do that. I honestly tried to overlook some of his "attitude" and answer in a manner that I thought would show that some of us have tried some of the stuff but it was never enough. And there are several on here that probably are doing alot more things like rotational grazing etc than they reveal and have alot more than my many years but still limited experience.

Enough, you are entitled to believe what you want.

Kell-inKY":npp9fmb9 said:
farmerjan":npp9fmb9 said:
Kell inKY was ............ since she................ from her.
Except I'm a DUDE! My name is Kelly, thought Kell would eliminate some gender confusion, apparently not. I used to get some interesting mail and phone calls :) should probably change my avatar to that male symbol!
Kell is the name of a VERY near by town (if you get my drift ;-) ). So I always figured you lived in Kell, KY, instead of Kell, IL, till I found out there wasn't a Kell, KY. :lol:

farmerjan":tcxmo6bg said:
it just seemed like a woman would be that worried about a cow with a new calf in that cold weather.
Oh, now you're just kicking me while I'm down! You have nothing to apologize for, I didn't take offense that's for sure, can't have people thinkin I'm a lady. Just having some fun.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, I really appreciate it, so far so good!

farmerjan":2bnqnpmg said:
Bright Raven you must not have read all his posts in the different topics. His comments to Kell-inKy were rude and very uncalled for. Especially his attitude that people shouldn't be chasing the dollar or "BRAGGING RIGHTS" to have the first calf by calving in the winter. That particular calf WAS NOT planned for winter and it was stated so right in the beginning of the post. So yeah, I think he was being argumentative and judgemental. Maybe if it was directed at you, you'd have a different opinion. It would have been different if he was even doing ANYTHING that constituted "farming" or homesteading or self-sufficiency, but he wasn't, and kept saying that this one should do this or that one should do that. I honestly tried to overlook some of his "attitude" and answer in a manner that I thought would show that some of us have tried some of the stuff but it was never enough. And there are several on here that probably are doing alot more things like rotational grazing etc than they reveal and have alot more than my many years but still limited experience.

Enough, you are entitled to believe what you want.

I did not read a lot of his posts. I am fairly selective about what I read. I missed the exchange you mentioned. I value diversity. I think that was his greatest asset to the forum. Most of the regulars on this forum walk the same walk, dance to the same drum, and share common values. A user like City Guy brings something new to the party.

Thank you for conceding that I am entitled to believe what I want. And City Guy has the same entitlement.

I mostly meant that a woman would be more likely to express her concern about the calf. Men would be concerned, but I would say something like that before my son would....

And yeah, I thought it was "kell" in Kentucky.... :deadhorse:

I'm too literal when I read things...

Bright Raven":35lgvle3 said:
farmerjan":35lgvle3 said:
True Grit Farms":35lgvle3 said:

He was persistent but none of the posts I read would I consider rude, mean-spirited, foul-mouthed etc.

I also disagree with True Grit that he "argued". To me he tried to test his understanding albeit based on his reading and other experiences at arms length from the vocation of animal husbandry.

I was raised on a tobacco farm. We used draft horses and had a small dairy. Our milk was shipped in ten gallon cans to a cheese plant in Cynthiana, KY. My father whom I mentored under growing up was raised on a farm that had a large dairy. Based on his experience, you might assume he was one you could learn from. Fact is, by today's standards, his knowledge was not progressive. When I began my cattle operation, he was convinced that minerals were a waste of money. I have had to "unlearn" a lot of what I grew up believing. So experience can be bad or it can be good.

Personally, I think you could only be offended by City Guy because you allowed yourself to be offended. He was very benign in my opinion.
Go back and read more of his post. He was a Richard.
It's one thing to ask questions to learn. His deal was something else.

Latest posts