CITY GUY

Help Support CattleToday:

City Guy":3s88vl3j said:
Thanx, everyone, for the etiquette tips. From now on when I want to reply to a post more than one year old I'll start a new topic. Is that a good plan?

Candidly, do whatever advances your agenda. Your posts are benign. Not much different than other users who post the daily news, IMO.

A forum can have many functions but the primary one is entertainment. 99% of what is posted here is COMMENTARY. Rarely are posts validated or referenced. Users post based on their experience. That can be good or bad. If you have been doing something the wrong way for 50 years, it hardly makes your opinions worthy. If you have been doing it right for 5 years, then an opinion has merit.

Candidly, I don't see merit in your posts and they are boring. Please forgive me, I am rarely that direct. Nevertheless, you bring some diversity and there lies the reason you get attention. My only suggestion is to expand the scope of your agenda. Danm, you are going to lose your audience.

Rafter S":ckl88zts said:
I can't speak for others, but I don't see anything wrong with resurrecting old threads.
I jokingly try to tell the young ladies at the local gathering place something similar--no takers, which is a good thing. I'd have to crawfish real quick if any ever did.

dun":3r61rtyy said:
backhoeboogie":3r61rtyy said:
4Ctophand was a riot to read. No one has mentioned him in forever. Poor kid may not even be alive now with Darwin awards being around.
I he the guy that could disk 50 acres an hour or some such?

That's him Dun. You remembered that part too. He'd post and I'd sit back and watch. hilarious. A tall tale needs a touch of truth to it.

JMJ Farms":1wv7zpjt said:
dun":1wv7zpjt said:
backhoeboogie":1wv7zpjt said:
4Ctophand was a riot to read. No one has mentioned him in forever. Poor kid may not even be alive now with Darwin awards being around.

If he could he would need to run 7 mph with a 60' harrow in a really big field.

He argued all the logistics of doing it. Someone could probably search and find it. It was funny. But he never used a lol notation to anything he posted.

regolith":27xqmpm8 said:
"lurk and learn" is also a good plan.
So are you also LLC? I haven't even clicked on any of those threads, just the titles were offputting.

I answered a few of his early post but things started to smell a bit, I knew it would soon go bad. I simply ignore now..... Well until now.

backhoeboogie":23t15qqg said:
JMJ Farms":23t15qqg said:
dun":23t15qqg said:

He argued all the logistics of doing it. Someone could probably search and find it. It was funny. But he never used a lol notation to anything he posted.

And he could plant 15 ac of corn in 50 minutes.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=53301&p

greybeard":3pfnuqw3 said:
backhoeboogie":3pfnuqw3 said:
JMJ Farms":3pfnuqw3 said:

And he could plant 15 ac of corn in 50 minutes.
http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewto ... &t=53301&p
That must have been it.

backhoeboogie":33jbyfk8 said:
bball":33jbyfk8 said:
callmefence":33jbyfk8 said:
I don't mind him to much.
I did spend 10 minutes reading a thread wondering who the be nice are these people. Then I realized it was 10 years old.
It doesn't bother me, but in most cases I think it's more interesting to start a new thread on the subject.

Exact same thing happens to me whenever someone drags up a post from way back.

That stuff ticked me off 10 years ago and I finally got over it. Now someone wants to bring it up again? He got banned, got a new name, got banned again, and came back another 7 or 8 times. Turnthatcowloosemaw had done reincarnated a couple of dozen times and morphed into sirloin for quite some time before transposing into medicinewoman.

So old threads aren't the only thing being resurrected? Or maybe reincarnated is a better choice of words pertaining to the OP? I don't care one way or the other old threads, new threads, multiple personalities? I rarely check the date of a post until I'm deep in and I don't recognize any of the folks posting. Except for the ones that are on Ranchers now! :hide:

bball":2ihj1ymn said:
backhoeboogie":2ihj1ymn said:
bball":2ihj1ymn said:
Exact same thing happens to me whenever someone drags up a post from way back.

That stuff ticked me off 10 years ago and I finally got over it. Now someone wants to bring it up again? He got banned, got a new name, got banned again, and came back another 7 or 8 times. Turnthatcowloosemaw had done reincarnated a couple of dozen times and morphed into sirloin for quite some time before transposing into medicinewoman.

So old threads aren't the only thing being resurrected? Or maybe reincarnated is a better choice of words pertaining to the OP? I don't care one way or the other old threads, new threads, multiple personalities? I rarely check the date of a post until I'm deep in and I don't recognize any of the folks posting. Except for the ones that are on Ranchers now! :hide:

I don't use any other forum currently. When I had my Cat D3G LGP dozer, I was on the heavy equipment forum strictly for learning. I needed information on service and maintenance.

Inyati13; This is not my audience to lose! I don't have an audience and I don't want an audience; I want to BE the audience. I want to be the kid in the class who has done his homework and still has some questions (some stupid and some not). I want a powerful discussion that opens my eyes and leads to more questions, not final answers. I'm not afraid to make mistakes, I'm not afraid to be wrong and get corrected, I don't care that sometimes I look like an idiot. So long as I learn something!!! That's what I'm about--no more, no less.

City Guy":h7set37u said:
Inyati13; This is not my audience to lose! I don't have an audience and I don't want an audience; I want to BE the audience. I want to be the kid in the class who has done his homework and still has some questions (some stupid and some not). I want a powerful discussion that opens my eyes and leads to more questions, not final answers. I'm not afraid to make mistakes, I'm not afraid to be wrong and get corrected, I don't care that sometimes I look like an idiot. So long as I learn something!!! That's what I'm about--no more, no less.

I will assume you are sincere, my son. Go forth then and seek knowledge.

City Guy":3g1vk6mo said:
So long as I learn something!!! That's what I'm about--no more, no less.

That seems a bit obvious since you are searching old posts for info. It would be really nice if everyone did that. We have hashed the same arguments over and over for well over a decade now.

Some really smart cattle folks are no longer with us. They got planted. Others are still here.

I was having a bit of fun when I said what I said about "finally getting over" the issue. We look back and laugh at much of it too.

Post anything you want to post on this forum. In any thread. Macon has some rules to follow. Stick within the guidelines and he'll let you keep posting.

yea been there really get into reading a thread get an idea start typeing an then you realize the date is from 5 yr ago hmmm!

Latest posts