City Guy turns over new leaf

Help Support CattleToday:

City Guy

Reaction score
I'm tired of fighting; from now on I'll ask only easy questions.

Is there a website that tracts up-to-date data on costs of raising cow/calf? I want itemized info with range of costs.

City Guy":2qbfu1nv said:
I'm tired of fighting; from now on I'll ask only easy questions.

Is there a website that tracts up-to-date data on costs of raising cow/calf? I want itemized info with range of costs.

Lot of variables but extension agent in my state was able to give me something like this with estimated costs. I would try contacting your local extension agent.

M-5":inws28v3 said:
Not that I'm aware of. There are to many variables between what I do and my neighbor does . it has to be farm specific to be worth a dam
I thought sure there would be a "one size fits all" answer

dun":2fi9j6xi said:
M-5":2fi9j6xi said:
Not that I'm aware of. There are to many variables between what I do and my neighbor does . it has to be farm specific to be worth a dam

I fixed it for you Dun. (Someone told me we're supposed to use purple text to denote sarcasm.)

Rafter S":19pujmpk said:
dun":19pujmpk said:
M-5":19pujmpk said:

I fixed it for you Dun. (Someone told me we're supposed to use purple text to denote sarcasm.)
works for me

found one sight that estimated the average cost of raising a weaned calf in Nebraska in 2016 will be $1100.00. Does that seem correct? It did not give a range, but even 20% lower would not leave much, would it?

City Guy":3eif6s87 said:
found one sight that estimated the average cost of raising a weaned calf in Nebraska in 2016 will be $1100.00. Does that seem correct? It did not give a range, but even 20% lower would not leave much, would it?
I think if either of us learn anything from reading these fellows, it is that it don't always math out so well.

Latest posts