city folks

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm

Reaction score
Im sitting in an airport waiting for a flight . been in Tampa for a few days for corp. Meetings. I have just about had my fill of these idiots. Yes I talk a little slower, I walk a little slower, I say ma'am, I think you are being rude when I speak to you and you can ignore me. When you look appalled when I use common courtesy it make me become more agitated and then I use eupisisms that you don't understand just to confuse you more. I may be uncultured in your world but I have a life that has some meaning. "How's ya mama an 'em" is a greeting. After I've said excuse me for the 5th time that would be an indication people can't understand you. And to that lovey lady that was walking in front of me this morning God surely blessed you and when I told you how pretty you were and when you walked it reminded me of 2 puppies fightn under a blanket was a complement you did not have to tell the TSA and act like I was a pervert.

People management is the hardest part of being a big wig. Did you tell TSA about your pocket pistol? I'm going to Florida on Saturday afternoon. I'll be on my best behavior, like you should be. The big city is no place for a country boy. Hope you have a safe trip home.

Didnt bring my pistol , to much hassle, I did get a few strange looks last night when that piece of shoe leather we were eating was to hard to cut with the butter knife they gave us. I just whipped out the case and went to work on it.

M5farm":2gjj3ajg said:
Im sitting in an airport waiting for a flight . been in Tampa for a few days for corp. Meetings. I have just about had my fill of these idiots. Yes I talk a little slower, I walk a little slower, I say ma'am, I think you are being rude when I speak to you and you can ignore me. When you look appalled when I use common courtesy it make me become more agitated and then I use eupisisms that you don't understand just to confuse you more. I may be uncultured in your world but I have a life that has some meaning. "How's ya mama an 'em" is a greeting. After I've said excuse me for the 5th time that would be an indication people can't understand you. And to that lovey lady that was walking in front of me this morning God surely blessed you and when I told you how pretty you were and when you walked it reminded me of 2 puppies fightn under a blanket was a complement you did not have to tell the TSA and act like I was a pervert.
M5 can't you just try to "fit in", fo ya mama?
:lol: :lol:

I am a fish outta water in the "city" also. I usually get lost trying to get somewhere. Or worse yet, dent my car on something in the way. :hide:

Well I finally left Tampa flight was fairly uneventful, we had 2 jihaist on plane but we overpowered them and landed safely

M5farm":1nokslo1 said:
Well I finally left Tampa flight was fairly uneventful, we had 2 jihaist on plane but we overpowered them and landed safely
You got to ride beside Brian Williams?????? :shock:

Yes Brian Williams and chuck Norris were both on plane I had them handle one in the burka and I took care of the one with the beard

M5farm":zmd168tw said:
Yes Brian Williams and chuck Norris were both on plane I had them handle one in the burka and I took care of the one with the beard
The one with a beard...did she give a you a tough time of it--was she skrong??
:hide:

I really do feel for you, M5. I took my boy to the world ag expo today. You would think that it would be all farm types but 50% of the attendees don't even know that CA has a stake in agriculture and half of the ones that do are city people that think they're going to turn our way of life on its ear with their invention.
You can tell the real Tulare county guys by the end of the day because we've lost our voice saying "howyado-win" to each other and we're all sweating bullets from dealing with that many people in one place at one time.

The owners of our company are good folks and but very citified. The owners daughter is VP and she blessed the food last night and in her prayer she gave thanks for the farmers that raised the food we were about to eat. I think I'm the only one who noticed it and know I Am the only one involved in ag there. I know she does not know alot about ag from conversations we've had over the years. She knows I do and always asks about specific things farm related. I hope that is a sign that these city folks are starting to appreciate who feeds them.

Just always be who you are no matter where you are.
I can put on nice clothes and go to nice places but when I talk it removes all doubt and if someone doesn't like it well bothers them a lot more than me.

I am no fan of citiots either, but our rural areas also contain their share of unsophisticated folks. The gist of what is considered sexaul harrassment is wether a comment is welcome or not by the recipient. The intent or motive of the giver does not matter, even if innocent. I'm surprised that most companies don't include that in their sexual harrassment training. Today it's best to admire from a distance and just keep your mouth shut.

Um, seemed pretty obvious to me, the woman complaining to the TSA agent about the unwelcome comment about her appearance and the way she walked. What would you call it?

Luca Brasi":36kyyqiv said:
The gist of what is considered sexaul harrassment is wether a comment is welcome or not by the recipient. The intent or motive of the giver does not matter, even if innocent. I'm surprised that most companies don't include that in their sexual harrassment training. Today it's best to admire from a distance and just keep your mouth shut.

I feel that you just sexually harassed me. :roll:

he might have meant it as a joke but it was not funny. Men like that think its funny to degrade women.

Latest posts