Citizens arrest

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Quick story from this morning:
My wife, and youngest daughter head out for work/school this morning about 6:30. I'm just coming in from the stable. We say our goodbyes, and about 5 minutes later, she calls me. She has been side swiped, and the other vehicles just drives away. She said she had gotten her car about half way off the road, and still couldn't avoid the accident. I knew I had a 50/50 chance, that the other vehicle would come down our road. I jumped in the truck, and watched. Sure enough, here comes what she has described, even with damage on the drivers side. I take pursuit. Chase him 11 miles, before he decides it time to stop. I block him in with my truck, and the confrontation is on. He decides to get back in his vehicle to wait for the deputy. Much to my surprise, they actually arrest the guy. Kinda shocked me. The law don't do no whole lot around here. They said he wasn't drunk or high. I guess I believe them. You should see the video I shot of this guy driving. If he wasn't under the influence, he needs his license revoked. Anyway, that was my morning.

I block him in with my truck, and the confrontation is on. He decides to get back in his vehicle to wait for the deputy.
Well, he wasn't completely dumb after all.
Did he sheet a small block of red masonry when you unfolded yourself out of your truck?

Haha I was thinking the same no dummy getting back in the car I'm guessing he figured if you chased him that far a beating was coming next. Hope you're wife and daughter we're ok.

I found out a little while ago, he does have insurance (with one of those no agent places that advertises on TV), but no license. Not sure how that will play out.

Settled in to a feeling of just glad nobody was injured. Could have easily been a head on collision.

I was on the phone, with the EOC for part of the journey. I mostly just wanted to stay close, and keep visual contact until an officer could come. He literally almost hit every car we met. I decided I had to put a stop to it.

Son of Butch":3lgx0p3o said:
Ol' 243":3lgx0p3o said:
Glad you caught his sorry a$$
His alleged sorry buttocks as all are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

I agree. We have a justice system. It's in place with checks and balances for a reason.

Son of Butch":1c1o4kah said:
Ol' 243":1c1o4kah said:
His alleged sorry buttocks as all are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

I'm bettin that's what happens to his sorry a$$ . . . . . . . . or I would allegedly bet on that anyway.

Bigfoot, is there something in the water in Kentucky? A week does not go by that I don't have to run off the road to avoid an accident.

I mentioned this to a State Trooper of the Highway Patrol. He said it is people either in a hurry to get drugs or coming back from getting drugs.

I never saw this much bad driving out west. Not even in Denver.

Bigfoot":1z1snyrz said:
I found out a little while ago, he does have insurance... but no license. Not sure how that will play out.
Driving with no license combined with property damage is possibly why he was taken into custody.
One or the other usually wouldn't do it.

M-5":7omsmpcx said:
Son of Butch":7omsmpcx said:
Ol' 243":7omsmpcx said:

No you can be a sorry azz without a jury of your peers. Being guilty of hit and run is all he will be tried on
No, he will be tried on driving without a license and whatever else the evidence suggests.
Perhaps, but no mention of $ damage and possible that grazed side swipe only resulted in paint transfer ect.
Allowing him to claim he did not even realize "That she had hit him"
Reckless driving is perhaps all that can be proven on Big Foot's video.

Bright Raven":5re7j01g said:
Bigfoot, is there something in the water in Kentucky? A week does not go by that I don't have to run off the road to avoid an accident.

I mentioned this to a State Trooper of the Highway Patrol. He said it is people either in a hurry to get drugs or coming back from getting drugs.

I never saw this much bad driving out west. Not even in Denver.

I travel out of state frequently, and you can literally see a marked difference in Ky drivers.

Latest posts