Circle W trailers

Help Support CattleToday:

There are a few of them in my area. I've had one of their cattle trailers for around 10 years and haven't had any problems with it.

The guy that owns the Salebarn here had one for sevarel years, it was a 32ft and he hauls overloaded 5 days a week, seemed like a very good trailer. I've also got a buddy in TN with one, he doesn't haul as much, but really likes it. I'll defiantly consider one when I buy my next trailer.

If I'm not mistaken, the owner maybe used to post here. Real nice fella. I used to pm with him some.

Bigfoot":1ikf8ctj said:
If I'm not mistaken, the owner maybe used to post here. Real nice fella. I used to pm with him some.
There was a man that posted here that went by circlew I believe, not the owner though, I believe he told me his in laws owned it and he had worked there some, very nice guy, we Pm'd often. The owner may have also posted here, I'm not sure, that other one is who I remember.

What's the problem with the aluminum ones. There's one close to me for sale 20 foot aluminum 2002 model.

On my aluminum Circle W the sliding back gate is a piece of junk. Gate rollers all had to be reworked. Also the gate latches are aluminum and break easily. The latches also don't have enough reinforcement where they attach and also broke there. Gate hinges are weak and the welds break. Don't even think about a lot of use banging it across a pasture. It won't hold up.

For occasional use like show animals they will be fine. They pull good. I modified mine to make it usable and rebuilt the latches out of steel but I would not buy another one. If you do buy it, put about two or three heavy metal building screws in each of the hinges. This will strengthen them considerably and keep it all together even if the welds crack. Mine is a 2001 model 20' x 6-8

Can you tell us how much they are asking for the 2002?

I have a steel Circle W, 24X6.8, two axle. I love it. I have abused it and not taken very good care of it for many years and it is still as solid as a rock. If I didn't have one I would go buy one tomorrow.

Most everyone I know who has any brand of aluminum trailer say they won't hold up under the pressure of hauling cattle regularly. I've always had steel trailers.

Some of the older aluminum trailers gave all aluminum trailers a bad name. Unfortunately, some of the newer aluminum trailers make the older ones look good.

Latest posts