Circle J horse trailer good for cows?

Help Support CattleToday:

GoodValley

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a beginner with a farmette, two young steer, a cow and heifer. I've been slowly looking around for a trailer so that I can move them around to auction, etc. I have a new Ford Expedition with trailer hitch. Someone said they are desperate to sell (due to divorce) a 2004 Circle J three horse trailer. Apparently it was $10k new. Is that the kind of trailer I can use for my black angus? What's a good firesale price? I don't like to be the cheapest guy but what might he offer? Thanks!

GoodValley":21bqgum2 said:
Hi. It's bumper pull. Slant load. Thanks for your quick response.

I wouldn't. Too many possibilities for things to go wrong due to cattle being different than horses. I would look for a good used stock trailer - apprx 18' - and forget about the slant-load horse trailers.

msscamp":3v9lhyv2 said:
GoodValley":3v9lhyv2 said:
Hi. It's bumper pull. Slant load. Thanks for your quick response.

I wouldn't. Too many possibilities for things to go wrong due to cattle being different than horses. I would look for a good used stock trailer - apprx 18' - and forget about the slant-load horse trailers.

I agree, stay away from the slant load for cattle if you can help it. If I already had one I might try and use it in a pinch, but I wouldnt buy one to use for cattle.

Here is a link for a manufacturer in Oklahoma that has trailers like you will need for around $4,000 new.

http://www.ewtrailersllc.com/

If it has removeable dividers it should work for cattle.
I would think that if it was big enough for three horses it should haul four cows with no problem.