Circle D stock trailers

Help Support CattleToday:

JHALL

Reaction score
Hey everyone, we're in the market for a new stock trailer. We'll be keeping our 20' Travalong for a back up but it's seen better days.

From what I understand, new trailers are hard to come by with metal prices and customer demand at the moment. A local trailer dealer here sells Circle D stock trailers. He has a 24' steel trailer coming in that a customer backed out on with the rubber cleat floor and a couple other options.

Research I've done shows some not so good reviews, but we're back from 2015. Anyone have any good or bad to say about them?

Circle D makes nice stuff in my opinion, I've had one of their steel cattle trailers and a flatbed or two. More of a no-frills type manufacturer but puts metal where it's needed and still uses standard painting process if I remember correctly.

I'm on my fourth one in the last 20 years or so. I started with a 16', traded up to a 20', then to a 24'. I traded the 24' for an aluminum that I pulled for 3 years and popped off and priced it higher than I gave for it and the guy bought it. I banked almost half of that money and bought another new 20' Circle D with the rest, My brother still has the 16' and the first 20' that I had. Needless to say, I'm a fan - and I pull a trailer a minimum of 200 miles a week. They're good solid trailers, they pull great and I like their look, which hasn't changed - in fact nothing much has changed other than little stuff like latches, lights, etc... since the first one I bought. I've never looked for reviews, but other than the paint being pretty thin on the first 20', which I think was built somewhere around 2002-2004, I have no complaints. Any other problems we've had beyond normal wear have been our fault.

I'm not saying they're the best trailers out there 'cause I haven't tried them all, but I'd happily buy another Circle D today.

I've always had enclosed type trailers, whether it be steel or aluminum, but I'd be interested in trying a pipe style trailer next go-round. I think it's warm enough around here that we only need the enclosed types for a couple/few months, and they don't have enough air flow in my opinion from June-September for this climate. I picked up a Gooseneck brand trailer for a buddy the last time I was in Missouri (Westgate Trailers) and he's very pleased with it.

I've had several bar top trailers -all have been WW brand, and I've been pleased with them, too. We keep a more enclosed trailer mostly to show with ( it's really handy that the running board on the Circle D works great for a low outside tie rail ). Sometimes it is nice to have that more enclosed trailer just because of the weather, too. We use both types of trailers to just haul cattle in, but rarely use a bar top to go to shows.

We currently have a 24' x 6' WW bar top and a 20' x 6'8" Circle D. They weigh almost exactly the same, but the Circle D pulls way better. I pulled it for awhile with an F-150 with a 3.5 ecoboost and got along pretty well with it.

All that said, I'd love to have a 24' Circle D with the cleated rubber floor like JHALL described. If I could just own one trailer, that'd be about ideal for me.

Last edited:

Latest posts