CIDR LEFT IN HEIFER FOR 5 MONTHS

Help Support CattleToday:

OK the vet camout today and checked her.
He says everything feels normal now. So This heifer has 3 weeks to come and heat and breed I am not going to have them give her shots to induc heat . Se is going to have to cycle on her on. If nothing happes in 3 weeks she is gone.

ollie?":17d89lbw said:
BRAFORDMAN":17d89lbw said:
Well the heifer has not come into heat.
She farm manager says that once a week she acts like she wants to come into to heat, but never finishes the cycle to drop an egg. So she may be cystic.
Which is it? If she's not cycling, I'd say she's pregnant. If she's cycling weekly, she's cystic. If your farm man says she's not dropping an egg, he needs to be paid more than he's probably making. No one can tell if they let an egg down from external observation. Your bull bred her in october , when was she last pregchecked?
When you gave the shot of Gnrh the cyst should have ruptured and I "think" the cow would show standing heat signs. I remember embryologists years ago rupturing cysts manually and I think the cows would be in heat the next day or two. Either way, take the cow back. Get your money back and be done with the whole deal. Don't give her any more drugs, don't preg check her any more, just go take her back and let the man that sold her to you get her pregnant.