chute measurements

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I'm in the process of building a chute that leads to a head gate to work my cattle. Does anyone know what approximate height and width is best is for the chute itself? I understand that a smaller cow or calf would have the potential to turn around it in, but I don't want my bigger cows to do so. I need a standard width. Thanks!

[email protected]

I think the width you want is 30 inches but I would recommend you check out Dr. Grandin's web site. She will give you more information than you will ever need. Very interesting site. I will post the link below but in case it does not take, look up <A HREF="http://www.grandin.com">www.grandin.com</A> . Best of luck to you, Mack

> I'm in the process of building a
> chute that leads to a head gate to
> work my cattle. Does anyone know
> what approximate height and width
> is best is for the chute itself? I
> understand that a smaller cow or
> calf would have the potential to
> turn around it in, but I don't
> want my bigger cows to do so. I
> need a standard width. Thanks!

Dr. Grandins Web Site
[email protected]

Thanks Mack! I've taken a few measurements from different places and they vary quite a bit in size and design. Believe it or not 30" is what my plans were to go with. I have one side of the chute almost finished, I was just double checking before I went to the other side. Thanks for the help and I'll check out the site you referred. Thanks a lot! Tommy

[email protected]

Latest posts