Church 3

Help Support CattleToday:

larryshoat

Reaction score
church2_copy.jpg

Since the Church thread went for so long I thought I would post a pic of our Church, maybe others will post theirs.

Larry

Wow Larry, that's a beautiful building. Looks like it's been there for quite a while. Really doesn't matter but what denomination??

http://www.moosehornbaptistchurch.com/
Our church built this website because we are looking for a pastor. We are fairly remote so we wanted to get the church out there for candidates to see. The moderator's son did the web page and did a good job.
We did some renovations to make it easier for our aging population and people with disabilties. We add on, and added an elevator to help the elderly and sick to navigate between the sanctuary and the basement where we hold our pot lucks and such.

TexasBred":2a3neszw said:
Wow Larry, that's a beautiful building. Looks like it's been there for quite a while. Really doesn't matter but what denomination??

It was built in 1924, Governor Cox saw one in England like it and they built this one as a replica. We are United Methodist.

Larry

rockridgecattle":1bs2b8k3 said:
http://www.moosehornbaptistchurch.com/
Our church built this website because we are looking for a pastor. We are fairly remote so we wanted to get the church out there for candidates to see. The moderator's son did the web page and did a good job.
We did some renovations to make it easier for our aging population and people with disabilties. We add on, and added an elevator to help the elderly and sick to navigate between the sanctuary and the basement where we hold our pot lucks and such.

RR that looks like a beautiful well maintained Church :tiphat: .

Larry

http://www.saintmargarets.org.uk/history/history1.htm
this is the web site to my Church as you can see it is very old. If you scroll down the page and click on the high lighted stained glass windows, by the paragraph starting A number of Saxon relics, you can see a bigger picture of the Church.
ps...do view the menus at the side as these show the interior of the Church.

larryshoat":3kjv7dp9 said:
Wow chrisy, that's cool, would love to visit some time.

Larry

I'm sure you would be most welcome. We are Church of England. Her Majesty the Queen is head of our Churches.
Larry your Church, do you know where Governor Cox was in England when he saw that Church?, as I could look it up for you on the Churches of England site. It looks very nice, what we would call a Chapel.

chrisy":qgaapqql said:
larryshoat":qgaapqql said:
Wow chrisy, that's cool, would love to visit some time.

Larry

I'm sure you would be most welcome. We are Church of England. Her Majesty the Queen is head of our Churches.
Larry your Church, do you know where Governor Cox was in England when he saw that Church?, as I could look it up for you on the Churches of England site. It looks very nice, what we would call a Chapel.

chrisy, I don't know where, but we have a Church historian, so I'll ask her. I think it would be nice to see.

Larry

when i first seen the picture i knew it was a methodist church,.. funny in the old day's you could tell the denominations by their churchs,,, these modern ones all look like shopping malls... beautiful church by the way

larryshoat":9kl1tlkh said:
TexasBred":9kl1tlkh said:

It was built in 1924, Governor Cox saw one in England like it and they built this one as a replica. We are United Methodist.

Larry

Larry....don't ask me why but I was thinking "Methodist". My wife was raised Methodist. Beautiful old building. Most are more beautiful inside than outside.

alacattleman":38z8ch8f said:
when i first seen the picture i knew it was a methodist church,.. funny in the old day's you could tell the denominations by their churchs,,, these modern ones all look like shopping malls... beautiful church by the way
In my area the only ones that you know what they are are the Catholic churches.

FarmGirl10":13rwuvwx said:
alacattleman":13rwuvwx said:

True, although we have some Lutheran chuches that look very much like the older Catholic Churches......and ordinarily at least one door is "unlocked" in the Catholic Church ;-)

TexasBred":j814x8jd said:
larryshoat":j814x8jd said:
TexasBred":j814x8jd said:

Larry

Larry....don't ask me why but I was thinking "Methodist". My wife was raised Methodist. Beautiful old building. Most are more beautiful inside than outside.

Thanks TB, I agree it does seem you can tell the denomination by the building.

There was an article I read a while back about the "Painted Churches of Texas". Most were made of wood and had always been kept painted since the 1800's. The insides were also painted and decorated so beautifully. Most were Catholic but there were a couple of Lutheran Churches as well. Lots of history and stuff in those churches.

TexasBred":2gazt2e9 said:
FarmGirl10":2gazt2e9 said:
alacattleman":2gazt2e9 said:

True, although we have some Lutheran chuches that look very much like the older Catholic Churches......and ordinarily at least one door is "unlocked" in the Catholic Church ;-)
Haha, that is wrong on so many levels. You know the priest typically lives right next to The Church. :lol:

I might have to go on a trip to a lot of the local churches that I've been to. They are all beautiful for different reasons

True, although we have some Lutheran chuches that look very much like the older Catholic Churches......and ordinarily at least one door is "unlocked" in the Catholic Church ;-)Haha, that is wrong on so many levels. You know the priest typically lives right next to The Church. :lol:

I might have to go on a trip to a lot of the local churches that I've been to. They are all beautiful for different reasons

Now why is that wrong? I realize most churches that do not have full time staff are locked most of the time but I also know that the Catholic churches in our area are open every day and into the night. And yes the priest lives in the rectory but is not there watching TV as he has other duties and since most have mass everyday there are always folks there til 9-10 pm.....very nice to be able to drop in at any hour of the day to pray, meditate or just relax and reflect.

TexasBred":2rihnbet said:
True, although we have some Lutheran chuches that look very much like the older Catholic Churches......and ordinarily at least one door is "unlocked" in the Catholic Church ;-)Haha, that is wrong on so many levels. You know the priest typically lives right next to The Church. :lol:

Now why is that wrong? I realize most churches that do not have full time staff are locked most of the time but I also know that the Catholic churches in our area are open every day and into the night. And yes the priest lives in the rectory but is not there watching TV as he has other duties and since most have mass everyday there are always folks there til 9-10 pm.....very nice to be able to drop in at any hour of the day to pray, meditate or just relax and reflect.
:lol: I took what you said the wrong way, because that has happened in my area a few times. :?

Do most other denominations not leave the church unlocked? That seems strange to me. BTW the church (Catholic) I normally go to the priest seems to have very few duties other than saying mass, drinking beer, and watching football. :lol:

Latest posts