Church 3

Help Support CattleToday:

Our Church is locked when not in use. I think everybody in the community has a key though, girl scouts, 4H clubs, cheer leaders. We've never had any trouble, we've talked about having the locks re-keyed, but never do.

Larry

Farm Girl, your priest needs to be a better "Pastor" and get off his duff. Unfortunately there are some who do little more than celebrate mass and do an occasional funeral or wedding. But yes our church is open from daylight til at least 10 pm 7 days a week. People go and come constantly. Both priest are extremely busy and usually work 18 hour days, beginning with morning prayers, morning masses, visiting hospitals and nursing homes, funerals, teaching CCE and/or RCIA, evening masses, confessions, pre-marital counseling, family counseling and many others things well into the night. I could not do their job.

TexasBred":3sclzm23 said:
Farm Girl, your priest needs to be a better "Pastor" and get off his duff. Unfortunately there are some who do little more than celebrate mass and do an occasional funeral or wedding. But yes our church is open from daylight til at least 10 pm 7 days a week. People go and come constantly. Both priest are extremely busy and usually work 18 hour days, beginning with morning prayers, morning masses, visiting hospitals and nursing homes, funerals, teaching CCE and/or RCIA, evening masses, confessions, pre-marital counseling, family counseling and many others things well into the night. I could not do their job.
He actually does do a lot more than that, just like your priests, but we just like to harass him. He actually managed to bring a lot of the churches together and do things as a community amoungst the different religions.

The church that my dad goes to the priest is a....well i'll just say he's odd. Everytime I have to go there, I always want to stand up and tell him that Vatican II happened for a reason.

Here are some pics of my sister and her families church. It is a catholic church , they never go unless they have to, like communion etc. and the kids were only baptised Catholic to ensure that they get into the Catholic school system as the class sizes were smaller than public and they had bussing.. I remember her talking to me about Catholicism and she couldn't pronounce it, I had to laugh and say it for her and she asked " How do you know that ?" , I said "I read." ;-)

My late fiance belonged to it as well, not much of a real catholic though either, being as he killed himself .It is a beautiful church though and I doubt anyone can dispute that.

http://www.galinsky.com/buildings/reddeer/index.htm
small20view201.jpg

small20view202.jpg

main20view.jpg

The United Church that my mom and I go to at Christmas and Easter is not as beautiful outside as this one but it does have a magnificent pipe organ. BTW mom is catholic.

Jogeephus":5ufhao2d said:
Nothing special about ours except the people in it.

IMG_3757.jpg

Jogee, looks neat and well maintained :tiphat: . Big Church, little Church, old or new, we still share one Gospel no matter what and it's the same as it was two thousand years ago and will be the same until the end of time.

Larry

HD..that is a very "one of a kind" pretty church. Ultramodern......I know what you mean about your Catholic friends, but that same "ignorance" is not limited to "us". ( unfortunately). It's really a shame that folks claim to be Christian but know so very little about their faith, what they believe and why they believe it. Maybe too many of us have actually become "Poinsettia and Easter Lilly" Christians. :(

TexasBred":2dqtkev1 said:
HD..that is a very "one of a kind" pretty church. Ultramodern......I know what you mean about your Catholic friends, but that same "ignorance" is not limited to "us". ( unfortunately). It's really a shame that folks claim to be Christian but know so very little about their faith, what they believe and why they believe it. Maybe too many of us have actually become "Poinsettia and Easter Lilly" Christians. :(

So true, good post. About a month ago some in our Church proposed that we upgrade our sound system for about $7000. I have to wonder if with that $7000 we could help somebody that is about to lose their home or keep a kid in college that may have to leave because of lack of funds. Usually I'm 100% behind these improvements, but it seems things are bad and it seems arrogant for us to spend $7000 on sound equipment when somebody down the road is being thrown out of their home. We're so centered on our own comfort.

Larry

Latest posts