Christmas=Pajama day

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
No harm in it at all, but I'm seeing lots of families that are spending Christmas together in pajamas. The whole family seems to be participating. Catching on anywhere else?

TennesseeTuxedo":24raewms said:
Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?

3 maybe 4 generations of a family celebrating Christmas in pajamas. Not talking about just breakfast. Spending Christmas eve Christmas Day in pajamas. Seen several doing it.

Bigfoot":1bz7nvh3 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1bz7nvh3 said:
Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?

3 maybe 4 generations of a family celebrating Christmas in pajamas. Not talking about just breakfast. Spending Christmas eve Christmas Day in pajamas. Seen several doing it.

I was in line with a lady in the mall recently, and she was explaining to the cashier how she bought new pajamas for her family every Christmas for them to wear during their festivities.

My family does not participate.

Bred a cow at 7:30 AM. Dropped two rolls of hay. Removed a CIDR and gave Lut to one that does not come in easily. Did my routine chores. No pajamas.

Would you believe? I don't have a single pair of pajamas!

Bright Raven":zmz7hctv said:
Bred a cow at 7:30 AM. Dropped two rolls of hay. Removed a CIDR and gave Lut to one that does not come in easily. Did my routine chores. No pajamas.

Would you believe? I don't have a single pair of pajamas!

I could have gone all day without that little nugget right there.

Don't know if they qualify as "PJ's" or not but I have several pair of what I prefer to call lounging pants that I wear around the house. Wouldn't leave home wearing them but sure are comfortable around the house with a teeshirt.

Looks like this may be a Ky thing, because hero is the only other one that's aware of the phenomenon.

Bigfoot":mm7903nt said:
Looks like this may be a Ky thing, because hero is the only other one that's aware of the phenomenon.

It isn't. I saw some pictures on FB of grown adults doing it. I remember the first instance I heard of it was a young lady my wife went to college with. Her and her sister always got them, as adults, for Christmas to wear at her parents' houses. It blew me out of the water. I wore jeans all day, and sweatpants at night, but that was b/c it was after 9. I never wear sweatpants before 9, and never out of the house even in sickness. The only time I wore them out of the house was after my foot surgery and ease of use was a cherished thing.

Bigfoot":2bf1tqer said:
Looks like this may be a Ky thing, because hero is the only other one that's aware of the anomaly .
Except for a couple times being in the hospital, I've never spent a single day lollygagging around in pajamas.

We give our girls new holiday pajamas every Christmas Eve that they enjoy wearing all Christmas day. I might lounge around a little later than usual in my sweats in the morning but when it comes time to go feed cows by 9AM, I'm certainly not in pajamas, and I dont anything that has anything festive on them.

My kids are all little (oldest just turned 6 then 3 and 1 year old) we take them with us so we can change the kids in them after they eat and open presents. Mainly bc they'll be asleep by the time we get home and I can put them straight in bed, nothing worse then waking a kid up to puit pjs on them, it's pure he'll all the crying.

Fed cows and set up the creep pen before opening gifts. Moved on to splitting firewood and hauling hay the rest of the day. It's been pretty chilly here, so I'm afraid pajamas would have been less than adequate.

Latest posts