Christmas lights

Help Support CattleToday:

My vote says the one with the inflatable snowman wins.
A pellet rifle or BB gun would deflate his chances significantly.

What mine looked like last year and the year before and what it looks like today.

Every body around here loves to see em and put em up...but never get motivated to take em down...even the Halloween pumpkins melt and eventually run down the steps..

We do lights, and according to my little guy it's very, very important. We're about 1/3 mile from the road, but we're on a hill so you can see them. We've gone to all red and white as the blue and multicolored are not visible from the road. I really enjoy it hardly anyone in the country does it and I really enjoy them. It reminds me what season we're in. I think next year I'm going to be forced to do a star off the hay brace. I stupidly made that suggestion a couple years back and my wife thinks it's a great one. Of course, I'll be the poor sucker up there.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2xovnie2 said:
Dave - how's the new land working out? Enjoying your "privacy"?

I am loving it here. When the Powder River rep stopped to talk about my rebuild of the corral and working system he said, "you bought yourself some solitude here." And he was raised on a ranch one mountain range north of here. A few too many friends and relatives visiting for the first couple months but now that winter has arrived that has stopped. I don't mind visitors but we are so far out that when they come they stay...... for several days. This time of the year we probably don't average one car per hour driving by.

Bestoutwest":id9s5443 said:
We do lights, and according to my little guy it's very, very important. We're about 1/3 mile from the road, but we're on a hill so you can see them. We've gone to all red and white as the blue and multicolored are not visible from the road. I really enjoy it hardly anyone in the country does it and I really enjoy them. It reminds me what season we're in. I think next year I'm going to be forced to do a star off the hay brace. I stupidly made that suggestion a couple years back and my wife thinks it's a great one. Of course, I'll be the poor sucker up there.
I'm working on a star right now, and I mean this minute.. I'm going to try to run mine up a flagpole by the flagpole rope. :help:
I kinda used this guy's instructions, but instead of 3' dowels, i had a bunch of these things that came from somewhere and I've never used them. Mine were 5' long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ9rCW84zjs

allfenz-tomato-cages-gsk-05-64_1000.jpg

The vid said to use tape to hold the dowells together, but I used some clear plastic tubing that I had to push on pretty hard to get on but it's going to hold pretty good.
Kind of a pain to get the points all equal, but from a distance no one will know. When you get it looking close, you have to bend the last piece of tubing and push it on to hold the last 2 ends together. All I have to do now straighten is it a bit more, cable tie the inside intersections together tight and then tie on the lights.

The tubing:

Dave":244l8l83 said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":244l8l83 said:
Dave - how's the new land working out? Enjoying your "privacy"?

I am loving it here. When the Powder River rep stopped to talk about my rebuild of the corral and working system he said, "you bought yourself some solitude here." And he was raised on a ranch one mountain range north of here. A few too many friends and relatives visiting for the first couple months but now that winter has arrived that has stopped. I don't mind visitors but we are so far out that when they come they stay...... for several days. This time of the year we probably don't average one car per hour driving by.

my last place was about 2 tractors.. 4 ATV's and maybe 6 cars (neighbors) for the day.

this place i'm looking at is 2 MILES from the road, and the entire rear of the farm is river... oh yes.. that would be heaven..

ddd75":2rbattdj said:
this place i'm looking at is 2 MILES from the road, and the entire rear of the farm is river... oh yes.. that would be heaven..
Careful what ya wish for.............
Sometimes I walk down from the house, across the pasture and visit the river. Sometimes the river creeps up across the pasture up to the house and visits me.
:frowns:

Latest posts