Christmas Dinner

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
Had our Christmas with the wife's family on the 20th. The girls were complaining at Thanksgiving about the trouble of fixing holiday dinners, and I opened my mouth and told them if they wouldn't interfere with my plans, I would fix Christmas dinner this year. I smoked leg of lamb, brisket, pork tenderloin, and chicken, all marinated in white cooking wine, and seasoned with numerous spices. Grilled hamburgers for the kids, and made three pies, in the process inventing the walnut pie(made like a pecan only with walnuts.) After cooking for five women, I think I'll rest next year!

Deep fried cajun turkey, sausage stuffing, brandy & raisin sweet potatoes, broccoli and cheese (for me!), sweet potato bread, crab stuffed shells, spinach & honey tangerine salad and peach cobbler. I'm done until next year!

Just my wife & me. Kids & relatives are too far away.

We had roast pork, sweet potatoes, English peas, stuffing, gravy. I do the cooking around here--wife vaccinates cattle, feeds when it's real cold--works for us. Plus I do our repair work, and other things too, including office work, accounting preparation, & taking care of livestock when she's on a buying/selling/showing trip,etc.

Latest posts