Christmas comes early!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Saw some tracks going into a piece of property and thought maybe somebody had a victory garden on our place. Went in to check things out and found a big pile of corn in the corner of a clearing. Got to looking around and found where somebody had turned the dirt and planted a food plot. Then heard a 'click'. Looked around and found a very nice game camera hooked to a tree! Kept looking around and found two nice deer stands!!! Since the land is posted and I haven't given anyone permission to hunt it I can only assume Santa knew I was needing some new stands and a game camera so I collected my presents and went home.

Sounds like you must have been very good this year for Santa to bring your presents this early. I'm just hoping that I don't get a lump of coal this year. :oops:

;-)

Congrats! I agree that it sure was nice of Santa to bring your presents this early. You must have done some really nice things this year.

Dang Joo,

I didn't think you would catch on to us so early in the season. Why don't you put that stuff back up sometime and let me know so I can come hunt the place one weekend? ;-)

Good for you!

Got a friend who had pretty much the same thing happen on his place.

He took the camera (digital) home and found pictures of the culprits coming in to check on things on their 4-wheelers. Date and time recorded.

He downloaded the pics, put it back in place and all total got about 30-40 pictures of the stooges. :lol:

When the case went to court, the judge awarded the equipment (stands, camera, etc) PLUS the 4-wheelers to the property owner under the premise that they were restitution and used in the commission of a crime.

I don't know what goes through peoples minds when they just up and trespass like that.

Yeah, I would never have the nerve to try such a thing, but if I caught someone else at it I sure would have some fun with them! You should hook the camera back up in a different location to catch their faces when they come to pull the pics!

Congrats on your new loot.

I currently have a similar situation going on and so far have handled it differently than you, but if it goes on much longer I too may be having an early Christmas.

We have a nice sandbar where we've always been able to swim and fish. We've hosted hay rides and cooked hot dogs and smores on the sandbar and everyone loves it. (Of course the little kids HAVE to throw rocks it the creek.) The sandbar has changed for the worse due to road construction up the creek, but it"s still is a great place to enjoy the 4th of July and other days, when the mood hits. Across the creek is a bluff. On top of the bluff several homes have been built. I know that some of the neighbors or their kids have also been enjoying the sandbar (without permission).

Saturday, I decided to check on things at the sandbar. I found a tent set up with a couple of blankets inside, a couple of yard chairs, ashes from a fire, empty beer cans, a pair of wet blue jeans, some wet socks and two empty gas cans. I called and spoke with a couple of folks who have permission to be down there and it wasn't theirs.

I started to take the kids stuff (I think I know which kid it is and school is out this week) but decided to leave a note stressing that he needed to call me and take his trash home with him. (Under the theory that I can't be everywhere at all times, and I'd rather have an understanding with the guy than turn him into an enemy.)

Yesterday, the tent was still there. But he had kept the note. It was folded up and in the tent. (So at least he didn't burn it or throw it away, yet.) I unfolded the note and put it back in the handle of the gas can and put the can back inside the tent.)

I still haven't heard from him (SURPRISE, a 15 year old kid isn't all that responsible) so I'm currently debating with myself whether to take his stuff or to follow the 4 wheeler tracks back up the bluff to his house (with a few of his empty beer cans) and have a little face-to-face with him.

Personally, I'd rather he didn't drink down there, but if he takes his trash home then I won't know. I'd like for him to turn into one of those folks who are respectful of other folks property rather than one of those who thinks every open gate is an invitation to "come on in" and do whatever you feel like.

We'll soon see how this turns out.

Jogeephus":njop8yh4 said:
Kept looking around and found two nice deer stands!!!

DANG :mad: , all I got outa my deal was one old half worn out deer stand.....& .37 cents worth of beer cans :eek: Congrats ;-)
Mac

I wish the camera was digital. It take 35mm film and I got to figure out how to work it.

Been waiting on a phone call. I figure I'll be getting one shortly from somebody.

Latest posts