Chris Ledoux

Help Support CattleToday:

He belongs on the list of legends we were talking about a few weeks ago. Won't be anymore authentic ones like him anymore, just cookie cutter, concrete cowboys.

You're using the term "artist" quite loosely ALACOWMAN. I quit listening to country altogether about ten years ago. Nowdays everyone sounds like they got hit in the goodies with a baseball bat right before they went on stage.
Recently I re-discovered a classic country station that still plays Willie, Waylon, classic George Strait etc and it's heaven... It has changed my whole mindset and I'm back to how I used to be. I'd bet that some of the stuff would top the charts if they re-released it.
I also remember why I quit listening to that station the first time around. It's AM so whenever I drive under the barns at the dairies(where I spend eight hours a day) it cuts me off until I get to the other side of the barn. :cry2:
Speaking of Chris Ledoux: I had "Copenhagen Angel" stuck in my head all day yesterday after I saw a gooood looking blond pull up next to me in a beater jeep and spit a stream out the side. :lol: My only complaint was that the can in her shirt pocket was obstructing the view.

Ranch Reata Radio on the internet and Brenn Hill. Brenn Hill does a free concert here in whitehall every year to support cancer funds. Only artist I would put on the same level as Chris Ledoux is Brenn Hill.

I saw Chris Ledoux in a local bar just a few months before he past. Best concert I've ever been to in my life. He's my all-time favourite singer of any genre. Caused me to retire a good hat.

Peaches-April-2011008.jpg

cow pollinater":tvos3pcc said:
You're using the term "artist" quite loosely ALACOWMAN. I quit listening to country altogether about ten years ago. Nowdays everyone sounds like they got hit in the goodies with a baseball bat right before they went on stage.
Recently I re-discovered a classic country station that still plays Willie, Waylon, classic George Strait etc and it's heaven... It has changed my whole mindset and I'm back to how I used to be. I'd bet that some of the stuff would top the charts if they re-released it.
I also remember why I quit listening to that station the first time around. It's AM so whenever I drive under the barns at the dairies(where I spend eight hours a day) it cuts me off until I get to the other side of the barn. :cry2:
Speaking of Chris Ledoux: I had "Copenhagen Angel" stuck in my head all day yesterday after I saw a gooood looking blond pull up next to me in a beater jeep and spit a stream out the side. :lol: My only complaint was that the can in her shirt pocket was obstructing the view.
yep alota gals dippin' nowday seems like, i got mixed feelings about it.. like if your gonna dip you better look dam good.
:cowboy:

cfpinz":18k4d01k said:
I saw Chris Ledoux in a local bar just a few months before he past. Best concert I've ever been to in my life. He's my all-time favourite singer of any genre. Caused me to retire a good hat.
Peaches-April-2011008.jpg
well, least it was'nt chewed up by a bushhog
:cowboy:

I knew Chris before he went into the music business. We both rode bareback broncs. I believe he was 3 or 4 years older than me and obviously a whole lot better bronc rider. But I listened to him sing motel rooms, little bars, and other places before he put his first music on tape. And I bought my first Chris Ledoux tape directly from him behind the chutes at some rodeo. When Garth Brooks came out with that song with the line "worn out tapes by Chris Ledoux" it stopped me cold because at that time I thought the only people who knew about Chris and his music were rodeo cowboys.