Chris Cox

Help Support CattleToday:

rc

Reaction score
I got the chance to work at a chris cox clinic last weekend as a volunteer. If you ever get a chance to see him, do. He;s really good with all types of behavior problems. I was asking him about starting gaited horses and lo and behold he had one to get going. It was a very informative clinic. No smoke and mirrors like some of the clinicians do.

I like his shows and won't even watch the others on RFD. His brother is a dayworker for us from time to time. He's got a pretty good gig going. He starts and trains colts for a sensational fee, and uses these colts to daywork with, all the while getting paid by the ranches to do so. Everyone wants their horses ranch broke. He'll be with us next week. He's the finest horseman I've ever actually met. Could very well even be better than Chris.

I also like to watch Chris Cox on RFD better than anyone else. He's one I would travel to see. I have mention before that I feel in his shows, he's not one to edit out the parts the horse gives him trouble, he films and shows himself working through it.

Alan

I had heard that his brothers were all good horsemen. I think Chris is probably just more of a saleman/ entrepunuer (sp)of sorts. There was another Aussie there that said they were a rough bunch in Austrailia. He'll definately work through the rough stuff but I never saw him get overly aggressive or angry.

rc":34bgq6w4 said:
I had heard that his brothers were all good horsemen. I think Chris is probably just more of a saleman/ entrepunuer (sp)of sorts. There was another Aussie there that said they were a rough bunch in Austrailia. He'll definately work through the rough stuff but I never saw him get overly aggressive or angry.

They are a pretty wild bunch. I only know the brother but I've heard enough to last a life. They originally called Kenansville, FL home. That's just up the road from me and where Deseret and plenty of big players call home too. Apparently Mr. Cox (Chris father) went out on a limb and gambled on Australia many years ago. Couldn't talk any of the Old Crackers to join him. Now he owns his own island. He strictly uses the island for grazing cattle and it is roughly 65,000 acres. Not really considered big in Australia but still big by my standards. The brother decided to come back to Kenansville.