Chore boots

Help Support CattleToday:

Carrie

Reaction score
Wishing everyone blessings in the New Year!

I need to pick your brains a bit, LOL! We've always worn Tingley boots out at the barn, however, the hub's knees are not what they used to be and, by the end of the day, he's pretty miserable. Anyone have any recommendations for chore boots with thick, comfortable, and supportive insoles? I don't mind paying quite a bit more if it will bring some comfort for my fella.

Thanks for any suggestions you may offer!
Carrie

Higher end of the Muck line, and X 2 on the drier. I'm put together wrong, and the Muck boots are the only slip on mud/chore kind of boots I've ever been able to wear. More than 24k steps on the ol' reliable iPhone yesterday, and my back didn't even go out this morning.

I love muck boots. There comfortable and keep my feet warm and dry. I wear mine all the time till it to hot outside to wear them anymore.

I wear lacrosse alpha burly 400 gram boots. I wear em probably 300 days out of the year and I've had a knee surgery. I love em. My wife has mucks she really likes her pair as well. Might be worth the time to have him try a couple pair on. We don't live near a big town my wife just ordered a couple pairs and sent back what I didn't like.

Not really what you are after but I have knee and feet problems and I wear some black Asics gel shoes once I get the wet part of the morning out the way and they are surprisingly water tight as well but they are nice and light, cushioned and supportive.

Ken

I must be the only person on the planet that Muck boots don't fit, have tried on every style of them and they are either too loose or too short length-wise. Found a pair of Bogs boots that kinda-sorta fit, they're great at what they do but are the most uncomfortable boots I've ever owned.

cfpinz":2r4us323 said:
I must be the only person on the planet that Muck boots don't fit, have tried on every style of them and they are either too loose or too short length-wise. Found a pair of Bogs boots that kinda-sorta fit, they're great at what they do but are the most uncomfortable boots I've ever owned.

I have to use an insole with some arch support to get Muck boots to fit. I hated them until I found the right combination.

Best boot for cold,wet weather I've ever owned were three eyelet Northerner by Servus.Worn them for years as did my father.One of my neighbors,who is diabetic,really likes his.
Sadly,from what I understand,they have been discontinued.The replacements are not USA made,if that means anything to you.
Have been looking at LaCrosse for replacements when he time comes.Have to be careful with 14 4E feet to get something that fits.Baffin looks good but only been able to find them in 13.

Latest posts