• Number 4

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Number 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LFF

Reaction score
Here are some heifers. Choose the heifer you like best and vote for her in the poll. Feel free to add comments good or bad about any of the others and what order you rated them.

Thanks,
LFF

Number 1
july20097007.jpg

Number 2
july20097002.jpg

Number 3
july520097015.jpg

Number 4
july520097002.jpg

Number 5
july520097022.jpg

Not the best pics for judging, but I think I like #2 the best.

They look like nice heifers but it's hard to see much by the way they are posed. Number 2 looks like the best heifer to me from these photos but if you could take some better pictures of them that might change. Do you have any side view pictures of them with their heads facing you or looking straight ahead?

Keren":3rka4b4a said:
huh. must be an australian thing. I had a quick look and picked 3, followed by 2, 1, 5, 4

I picked 3 first also. She may not be a showey as the others but a well put togther heifer. I dont like 2 her hooks to pins ( in pic look to be to close but does have angle to them. 1 is right up there with 3 in my opinion. would like more bone in 4 and 5

All very nice heifers just telling my view and I am not a good judge.

1 and 2 look good to me and about the same. 1 is walking and 2 is grazing so different sort of view.

Australian":mn0j0g6r said:
fair enough commercial heifers. I like number three she is the best bodied and hindquartered and would fit into our herd quite well.

You likem that high flanked?

If I had to pick just one, I like #3.
Looks a little thicker and a real smooth top line. Looks a hair more uddery too. May just be the angles though.

Australian":qrx6swel said:
fair enough commercial heifers. I like number three she is the best bodied and hindquartered and would fit into our herd quite well.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I know pictures often don't do them justice but to me she has the best udder development and is the beefiest. Seems to me a lot of the US posters like their females to be too fine and light in the bone. This is why their bulls often lack the good masculine characteristic that we require over here. The other three heifers although not too bad by any means but they are just too light and fine for what we like in our herd.

Latest posts