• Number 4

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Number 5

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LFF

Reaction score
Some folks asked for better pictures. I've tried to supply them , so if you don't mind look them over and cast or recast your vote on the new poll.
Thanks, LFF

Number 1
july200920007.jpg

Number 2
july200920013.jpg

july200920012.jpg

Number 3
july200920018.jpg

july200920006.jpg

Number 4
july200920023.jpg

july200920024.jpg

Number 5
july200920010.jpg

Number 1 and Number 5 on right side
july200920026.jpg

Number 1 and Number 3 on right side
july200920037.jpg

Australian":29hfbxhc said:
Thanks for the photos. Still like number three. The other heifers look better for some reason. Was there much time between the two lots of photos?

13 days between first pictures and second pictures.

I believe that how a picture is made does make a different impression upon the viewer. A sharp eye helps you determine the location and angle that the photographer was at , and that knowledge helps you make better judgements about quality.

I believe that Doc said something similar to , it is best to take pictures at waist level on flat ground and at 90 degrees from the middle of the animal.

I like three but I also like the # 4 heifer. Looks like she will be easy keeper and not to framey. Maybe Knernsie will chime in. I am not the best judge. They all look nice. I picked 3 but I bet he picks another one.

KNERSIE":3dxdyohu said:

Anyone else care to place them in the order that they like, please do so.

I would be interested in what you see that determined how you placed them top to bottom.

Thanks,
LFF

I want to say 5 is the best after seeing the new pics. I just don't like the girth and the way 3 is roached looking in the pics.

LFF":2mq4xkjn said:
KNERSIE":2mq4xkjn said:

Anyone else care to place them in the order that they like, please do so.

I would be interested in what you see that determined how you placed them top to bottom.

Thanks,
LFF

3- easily the best heifer, lots of capacity, well muscled, nice long muscle carrying down low to the hocks with very good outer thigh, deep quartered heifer. A taller later maturing type, only negative is her hair coat isn't the greatest.

5- poor photo, growthy heifer, well muscled, outstanding coat, deep chested, lighter muscled than 3, better heartgirth and capacity than 4

4- smaller earlier maturing type, could have been deeper muscled over hip, quearter could have been a touch deeper, if your placed her second instead of 5 I wouldn't have considered it a mistake.

1- best wedge of the lot very well proportioned, well muscled, long strong hip, if she was less straight hocked she would have placed either 1st or 2nd.

2- too straight on both ends, causing the pasterns to give way because the hocks and elbow are both too straight to act as a shock absorber. Otherwise pretty decent heifer, but she's a cull in my book.