Choices (in KY)

Help Support CattleToday:

torogmc81

Reaction score
OK, needing some help ...

if coming from 10 miles south of Versailles, KY, looks like my sale barn/yard choices are

Paris
Washington County
Bluegrass South
C. KY
Bluegrass Richmond
Tri County

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

The new Lexington stockyard will be open on September 11. That should be within 25 miles or so of you. It is a brand new state of the art facility.

ringer":2ty8zmmo said:
The new Lexington stockyard will be open on September 11. That should be within 25 miles or so of you. It is a brand new state of the art facility.

I would agree. I had the same thought but I don't know their track record.

ringer":7c83ho38 said:

Oh nice!! State of the art?? My 1988 S & S gooseneck rust bucket will look great in their new parking lot! LOL.

Thanks for all the heads ups, looks like my top choices are Paris (sounds like worth the drive) and checking out the new place. I like Thursday sale, used to Wednesdays here. Any Knowledge on Lexington's sale day?

They also own Campbellsville, Maysville, Mt Sterling, Richmond, and Stanford. The first sale at the new stockyard should be a good one. I think it at the same exit as the KY Horse Park. Google their website. But yes Paris is real good also.

I think Kenny Thomas is right, the new Bluegrass Stockyard is close by the Horse Park. I was just at our county field day, this morning at one of the owner's farm. Their COO, talked about the yards, I am quite sure that their sales will be strong, as the Lexington market has been said to be the largest livestock market east of the Mississippi River. They have a number of order buyers at each of the locations. I usually sell at the Bluegrass East location, and occasionally at BG South for CPH sales, but now with Lexington back in business their CPH will be closer for us.

Latest posts