chocolate gravy

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Was watching Paula Deen, she was making chocolate gravy and mentioned it was a Tenn. dish.. Mom would make it for us,her mom was from Tenn. How many of y'all know about this breakfast dish?

I do know that my mother used to make it when I was a kid.
Didn't know it was a tenn. dish since I was born and raised in the Mo. ozarks.

cal

peg4x4":32c2ykeu said:
Was watching Paula Deen, she was making chocolate gravy and mentioned it was a Tenn. dish.. Mom would make it for us,her mom was from Tenn. How many of y'all know about this breakfast dish?
peg my Mother made chocolate gravy for me when i was growing up and i love it now my wife make's for our kid's from time to time.Don't know about it being a Tenn dish or not.

rattler

I was repeating what Paula Deen said~* I just remember it as being real good!! Mom would also make what she called "breakfast cookies"
Oatmeal cookies stuffed full of nuts,dried fruit and every now and then a chocolate chip..Not served at the same time..

chrisy":2czbgana said:
please excuse my ignorance....But what is Chocolate gravy?
It is a somewhat thin(but not too thin)pudding made with flour and milk~~* chocolate and sugar..usually served over biscuts.. (not English biscuts ,southern biscuts)

One of those things you either love or hate,no middle ground.

chrisy":bpfn9gqw said:
I am not a chocolate lover and the thought of it for breakfast..... :frowns: but thanks for letting me know.

I didn't think there was anybody in the world that didn't like chocolate.

Calman":hf3kaz11 said:
chrisy":hf3kaz11 said:
I am not a chocolate lover and the thought of it for breakfast..... :frowns: but thanks for letting me know.

I'm not on my own as my youngest daughter doesn't like it either. The amount of Easter Eggs,& boxes of chocolates I have given away in the past when we were on our own, is enormous and that is how I would be if I had eaten it all. ;-) :lol:

Calman":321gdtg3 said:
chrisy":321gdtg3 said:

there's only one type of gravy,,, white with chunks of sausage in it, poured over a homemade cathead...i have to eat it with one hand tied up else id slap somebody...i know the picture looks like its been eat once already, but its sho nuff fine http://z.about.com/d/southernfood/1/0/t ... egrvy4.jpg

MMmmmmmMm~~~sausage gravy :nod: Nothing better unless it's chicken fried steak and white gravy! Man!I'm hungry!

My Grandma made it for years and so did my mother. I still have my Mother make it every New Years Day morning. Chocolate gravy and big cathead biscuits....mmmm...mmm..mmm.

I really like regular white gravy made from sausage grease but I dont like the chunks in it. I eat the sausage separatley.

I'm sorry but that looked gross....I'll not pass any more comments other than Yuck!
vomit-smiley-008.gif

Latest posts