Chinese beef buyers race to get hands on American steak

Help Support CattleToday:

All part of China's goal of becoming agriculture independent and anything else independent. Not necessarily a good thing if you look closely at what China is doing in every sector they can.

Short term, this sounds good but I'm not very trusting of their long term motivation. They already control most rare earth elements, a huge chunk of the world's electronics manufacturing, biggest exporter of lead...it's a long list.

Maybe independent is the wrong choice of words, but having control of everything they can is part of their goal of global domination and economic influence. In this case.....
He who controls the food supply controls the world.

Be careful what ya wish for.

All the Tea in China
China is the world's largest producer of tea, rice, cotton, tobacco, apples, farm raised fish, coal, iron ore, electronic
toys and satellites. Work force over 1 billion from age 16-64 and 28% of the work force are agricultural workers.

greybeard":11ph2oyj said:
All part of China's goal of becoming agriculture independent and anything else independent. Not necessarily a good thing if you look closely at what China is doing in every sector they can.

Short term, this sounds good but I'm not very trusting of their long term motivation. They already control most rare earth elements, a huge chunk of the world's electronics manufacturing, biggest exporter of lead...it's a long list.

Maybe independent is the wrong choice of words, but having control of everything they can is part of their goal of global domination and economic influence. In this case.....
He who controls the food supply controls the world.

Be careful what ya wish for.

I can't see them becoming agricultural independent due to their loss of bees. Many farm workers now go into fields to help pollinate crops. Too many have stopped buying from Walmart as reports started coming out foods like honey are not honey but high fructose corn syrup. Olive oil is not olive oil etc. They noticed a major drop in sales and changed their labels but it didn't work. Stores like whole foods know their buyers are savvy. Finally stores like Dillon's have stepped up. Just wish government would get out of control and allow the public to buy from local farmers.

GB, I completely agree.. It does sound good now, but when crunch time comes, they'll take care of Numero Uno... They like being vertically integrated, and have the funds to do it.. In the long run it'll mean we're all on the short end of the stick.

We've bought their garbage for 30 years decimating our own manufacturing, now they're using that money to buy anything of value we have left. Should a war happen, we're going to have no underwear, no socks, no shoes, no cars, no electronics, no tools, and won't have time to build up our own manufacturing again (or knowledge)...
Ain't gonna be pretty.

Latest posts