China produces 55 billion tons of fake rain every year, think they are causing our droughts?

Help Support CattleToday:

There is literally an ocean of water between China and the United States... which means any water lost in the atmosphere has a great chance to recharge as the air moves over the big damn water. If you want more rain in the west it might be advisable to look at other continents and see what produces their precipitation. Africa has a green west coast and rains form east of those green zones. Brazil has a green zone that generates its own rain and as it's being cut down and not replanted it's getting dryer. If you want rain in the west it might be advisable to green up our west coast instead of letting it burn.

This whole idea that we are helpless and have no influence on our environment is ill-informed.
Just stating the seemingly obvious fact that if you are concerned with climate change you probably shouldn't f— with the climate directly. Also the fact that it has changed for millions and millions of years and if you think you can zap a cloud with enough energy to change that then you inhaled to many CFCs and your ozone is fried. The last true human environmentalists in this country got put on reservations many years ago. They lived with the earth as it was given to them. Used only natural materials and only took what was needed to survive. Any so called enviromentalist now who is not living in a cave enjoying the weather as it comes wearing an animal skin is full of chyt.

I agree more green would do this planet good and we are certainly accelerating certain aspects of climate change. If people want to make a real difference though it will involve a more severe change than most are willing to stand. Every time mother nature tries to right the ship and levels a heavily polpulated area full of developed land people get all bent out of shape. She is just trying to put it back like we found it many, many years ago. The problem in the west is not the amount of rainfall it is the consumption rate of said rainfall.

Those that think they can control the weather are either a newcomer or a damn fool. I don't believe we can control mother nature, oh we can try and maybe thing we can, but in reality we can't. Is there global warming, maybe, maybe not. We should do our best to keep things clean as we can, but not kill ourselves off just to save the planet that probably does not need saving.

I agree more green would do this planet good and we are certainly accelerating certain aspects of climate change. If people want to make a real difference though it will involve a more severe change than most are willing to stand. Every time mother nature tries to right the ship and levels a heavily polpulated area full of developed land people get all bent out of shape. She is just trying to put it back like we found it many, many years ago. The problem in the west is not the amount of rainfall it is the consumption rate of said rainfall.
PREACH, Brother...

(I agree)

Those that think they can control the weather are either a newcomer or a damn fool. I don't believe we can control mother nature, oh we can try and maybe thing we can, but in reality we can't. Is there global warming, maybe, maybe not. We should do our best to keep things clean as we can, but not kill ourselves off just to save the planet that probably does not need saving.
Ya know what bothers me?

I go to ponds that in springtime once had a hundred thousand tadpoles. Little wiggly bastards that were so damn thick I could scoop a quart ball jar of water up and there would a hundred baby frogs in it.

Now it's hard to find a tadpole in those ponds.

And on a summer evening I would collect insects from my screen door under the porch light, and there were fifty different kinds big enough to stick a pin in. Now the big ones are gone, the variety is less than half, and the numbers are much lower.

I used to walk through fields and the grasshoppers made clouds of flying insects in front of me. My pastures were thick with them. A few weeks ago I wanted to feed a weak praying mantis I'd found and it took me a couple of walks through my pasture before I found a grasshopper.

I'm out in the woods as much as anyone I know, and I don't hear woodpeckers every day anymore. The meadowlarks were here three years ago. I could walk and see/hear a different one every half mile or so. I've only seen two in the last three years.

There are regional differences, I'm sure. But I travel around. Some animals seem unaffected, but others are just gone.

I don't give a good G*d damn about the politics involved or what talking heads are selling. I can SEE changes that my parents would never have believed.

Last edited:
Ya know what bothers me?

I go to ponds that in springtime once had a hundred thousand tadpoles. Little wiggly bastards that were so damn thick I could scoop a quart ball jar of water up and there would a hundred baby frogs in it.

And on a summer evening I would collect insects from my screen door under the porch light, and there were fifty different kinds big enough to stick a pin in. Now the big ones are gone, the variety is less than half, and the numbers are much lower.

I'm out in the woods as much as anyone I know, and I don't hear woodpeckers every day anymore. The meadowlarks were here three years ago. I could walk and see/hear a different one every half mile or so. I've only seen two in the last three years.

There are regional differences, I'm sure. But I travel around. Some animals seem unaffected, but others are just gone.

I don't give a good G*d damn about the politics involved or what talking heads are selling. I can SEE changes that my parents would never have believed.

Yup. My children never got to catch a jar full of lightning bugs for a night light, and, while they've made a small comeback, I don't think my grandchildren will either.

Ya know what bothers me?

I used to walk through fields and the grasshoppers made clouds of flying insects in front of me. My pastures were thick with them. A few weeks ago I wanted to feed a weak praying mantis I'd found and it took me a couple of walks through my pasture before I found a grasshopper.

You can add honey, bumble and leaf cutter bees, We are lucky if we have half the barn or cliff swallows but wonder of wonders we
have a plethora of those stinking soybean beetles.

Anybody dump weed killer on their pastures? Or pesticides on their crops? Maybe that has something to do with it.

A couple of years ago, the whole suburbia neighborhood was going crazy over a little worm that was killing lawns in two days. I was the only one without problems and very few of said worms. I attribute that to never using chemicals on my lawn. The insects and birds more or less keep each other in check if you allow them to.

Anybody dump weed killer on their pastures? Or pesticides on their crops? Maybe that has something to do with it.

A couple of years ago, the whole suburbia neighborhood was going crazy over a little worm that was killing lawns in two days. I was the only one without problems and very few of said worms. I attribute that to never using chemicals on my lawn. The insects and birds more or less keep each other in check if you allow them to.
The wind doesn't recognize man made boundaries. I've been chemical free since I bought my first place. And I've had good success improving my pastures and increasing my carrying capacity with natural methods.

Ya know what bothers me?

It makes one wonder, is all this created by man, or is is cyclical. When I first move to Wyoming in 2006 you would see lots of rabbits that got ran over on the highway between Riverton and Casper. Then you didn't see any, but this year I have seen a few more ran over on the highway. Either they got over populated and died out, or the coyotes have been doing a good job of keeping the numbers down.

In 2006 we had a major problem with crows in town. Walking through the college campus it felt like you were in Alfred Hitchcock's movie The Birds; it was very spooky. The next year they were not so much of a problem. This year we seem to have a lot of Starlings, they have been hitting the neighbors corn pretty hard; not much seems to scare them away. They have been here pretty much all summer.

It makes one wonder, is all this created by man, or is is cyclical. When I first move to Wyoming in 2006 you would see lots of rabbits that got ran over on the highway between Riverton and Casper. Then you didn't see any, but this year I have seen a few more ran over on the highway. Either they got over populated and died out, or the coyotes have been doing a good job of keeping the numbers down.

In 2006 we had a major problem with crows in town. Walking through the college campus it felt like you were in Alfred Hitchcock's movie The Birds; it was very spooky. The next year they were not so much of a problem. This year we seem to have a lot of Starlings, they have been hitting the neighbors corn pretty hard; not much seems to scare them away. They have been here pretty much all summer.
Yeah... there are cycles. Rabbits have a (?) seven year cycle from what I understand.

But we are seeing decades of pine tree die-offs due to increased beetle activity... and the birds that once controlled the beetles are gone. There have been plagues of locusts... but the common grasshopper is something you could depend on. More after a mild winter, and less after a severe cold, but by the end of summer thick populations.

And as several here have stated, the varieties of diminished populations all at the same time can't be accounted for with cycles.

The grasshoppers all moved to SE Montana. They are thick up there.

Magpies are back. They were diminishing in number, due to the pour-on used on cattle,
but they are back. We are glad to see them. Crazy birds for sure.

uh.. they are.. they just announced they'll be creating enough rain to get the grain crop they want.

(y)
Do you nose what is Happening try this website.

In the upcoming years, we'll all be complaining about too much rain. This is fact....
So true, we were in a once in 100 year drought at the end of the last decade and thinking that it was never going to end. This is our 3rd year now of well above average rain and the prediction is more of the same this summer with the ground at maximum saturation even before the summer rains start and while we fall short of wishing it would stop with Australia being the driest continent we are getting a bit weary of boggy gateways and waterlogged paddocks and trees falling over.

I can deal with average.

Ken

Latest posts