China and the Virus

Help Support CattleToday:

My brother in law is in the medical field, he recently did some work and study on corona. He was a disbeliever but after what he saw and learnt is pretty freaked out now. He talked about seeing the damage it does to the human body particularly the lungs. He said to me if you get it and you start going down hill your prospects are quite grim.

Redgully said:
My brother in law is in the medical field, he recently did some work and study on corona. He was a disbeliever but after what he saw and learnt is pretty freaked out now. He talked about seeing the damage it does to the human body particularly the lungs. He said to me if you get it and you start going down hill your prospects are quite grim.

I've read the same thing. It is truly a nasty virus.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Redgully said:

Another thing he was told is they are terrified the virus will mutate to something really aggressive. Apparently there are already two strains and the longer it spreads the more it may mutate. This makes developing a vaccine tricky.

Redgully said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Redgully said:

Another thing he was told is they are terrified the virus will mutate to something really aggressive. Apparently there are already two strains and the longer it spreads the more it may mutate. This makes developing a vaccine tricky.

There not going to stop it from mutating . That's how it keeps jumping species SARS, MERS, etc same reason they can't eradicate the flu it keeps mutating.

Caustic Burno said:
Redgully said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

There not going to stop it from mutating . That's how it keeps jumping species SARS, MERS, etc same reason they can't eradicate the flu it keeps mutating.
The more you allow it to reproduce, the more chances it gets to mutate. The more people it is exposed to, the more likely that one of those mutations takes hold and becomes successful, instead of dying out.

Redgully said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Redgully said:

At least some good news. I just heard a researcher say that after extensive study that this virus is mutating much slower than a normal virus and the mutations are not changing it drastically. So, if they can formulate a vaccine, it should be protective for 2 to 3 years.

sstterry said:
At least some good news. I just heard a researcher say that after extensive study that this virus is mutating much slower than a normal virus and the mutations are not changing it drastically. So, if they can formulate a vaccine, it should be protective for 2 to 3 years.
I read that same thing.

Buck Randall said:
The more you allow it to reproduce, the more chances it gets to mutate. The more people it is exposed to, the more likely that one of those mutations takes hold and becomes successful, instead of dying out.
Exactly. It doesn't always make 'exact' copies of itself, but usually it does. It's only rarely a change takes place but the change only takes place during replication. The more chances it has to replicate, the higher the odds it will make an 'undesirable' or more threatening change to itself, and it most likely won't happen 'all at once' either. It will likely take more than one mutation, perhaps even many many many different separate mutations.Baby steps..then, there it is...

An 'undesirable' change for instance, might be to obtain the ability to much more easily affect younger people and even infants and children. The more often it has a chance to infect a child, the more likely it becomes that it will make the little changes over time to make the young ones it's primary infection target.
We are learning about it...it is learning about us as well.

Latest posts